Hyperflash Turn Signals - prevention

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had HID's installed on my 2013 Tahoe and while they were doing it I had them put in CREE LED switch/back turn signals in the front with a load resister to prevent the hyperflash. Everything is working great.
Question is now I am going to put 3157 Morimoto X-VF LED's in the rear signals, but I am not sure what is correct load resister to put in. I have watched a couple of Youtubes and they used 50W 6ohm, 50w 5ohm, 40w 7.5ohm. No one recommended what was the best, so I turn to the best of the best for advise. What say you !

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe that any of those resistors would work, as there is very little difference in their ohm resistance.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have hyperflash with my LED directional signals, but I did not install a resistor. I believe that the hyperflash actually makes the directional signal more visible to other motorists on the road, which is the whole point of having and using directional signals in the first place. I have heard, however, that hyperflash in not legal in some states.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
GMT900 platform doesn't have a flasher that can be changed like the older platforms... the flash rate is controlled by the BCM.

The higher the wattage rating of the resistor, the cooler they will stay when being used.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had HID's installed on my 2013 Tahoe and while they were doing it I had them put in CREE LED switch/back turn signals in the front with a load resister to prevent the hyperflash. Everything is working great.
Question is now I am going to put 3157 Morimoto X-VF LED's in the rear signals, but I am not sure what is correct load resister to put in. I have watched a couple of Youtubes and they used 50W 6ohm, 50w 5ohm, 40w 7.5ohm. No one recommended what was the best, so I turn to the best of the best for advise. What say you !
the hyperflash can be disabled via BCM tune..

for the both front and rear if anyone says other wise I cite the Cadillac Escalade

Last edited:
OP
OP
rdhogg

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The install is completed, I went with the Morimoto 40w 7.5 resisters instead of a LED flasher, I used Sylvania 7440 ZEVO's for backup lights (much brighter that GTR, Morimoto and GREE lights because the ZEVO LED is aimed back towards the reflector in the backup light socket. The 2013 Tahoe's have two tail lights on each side but only the bottom lights has the turn signal so in wiring the resister to that socket use the top row of wires that has YELLOW , BROWN and BLACK wires. The YELLOW and BLACK in that row are the ones you need to tap into for the resister , the bottom row of that socket are the BROWN and BLACK wires that go to the other tail light in that tail light assembly and if you tap into those you will not correct the Hyperflashing... I am pleased with the results and with the addition of the Rough Country slimline off-road LEDs used as back-up supplemental I can now see where the hell I am backing.

2013 Tahoe rear LED light project.jpg Tail light socket_LI.jpg 2013 Tahoe stock backup lights (2).jpg 2013 Tahoe rear LED upgrade completed (2).jpg 2013 Tahoe rear LED light project.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts