Hybrid is faster?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RebelBelle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The HyHoe is reliable and PDQ. I’ve had several Tahoe’s but only one HyHoe for the last couple of hundred thousand miles and as soon as I rebuild the traction battery I would believe that it would continue to accelerate MUCH faaaster than any other stock TahoeYukons! I hate that I don’t have the 2008 software in my 2010; that would be fun. I can’t wait to get my new batteries in the beast and get back to reliable hole shot type of passes. When you can pass quickly and get back in your lane sooner it creates much more comfort on longer trips. It’s not about always being in front but it’s nice to have the open road ahead of you instead of being locked behind vehicles that you cannot always see around well enough to anticipate road hazards or erratic traffic. Getting stuck behind a cell phone driver on long 2-lane roads makes you appreciate the extra torque that instant electric motors provide.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The HyHoe is reliable and PDQ. I’ve had several Tahoe’s but only one HyHoe for the last couple of hundred thousand miles and as soon as I rebuild the traction battery I would believe that it would continue to accelerate MUCH faaaster than any other stock TahoeYukons! I hate that I don’t have the 2008 software in my 2010; that would be fun. I can’t wait to get my new batteries in the beast and get back to reliable hole shot type of passes. When you can pass quickly and get back in your lane sooner it creates much more comfort on longer trips. It’s not about always being in front but it’s nice to have the open road ahead of you instead of being locked behind vehicles that you cannot always see around well enough to anticipate road hazards or erratic traffic. Getting stuck behind a cell phone driver on long 2-lane roads makes you appreciate the extra torque that instant electric motors provide.
my throttle body is broken it has as much power as a Geo Metro at the moment

the Electrical motor seem to be picking up the slack.. I must have been driving on this broken throttle body for 3-4k miles or so did not notice it tell i was in M1 and would not pass 3k rpm... no matter how much gas i gave it..

the MPG declined started back in April according to my fuelly log (full on failure)

looks like the initial failure was back in Aug 3 2019(the beginning )
that is when my fills ups went from a smooth line to a "jagged line"

I must have spent easily 100$ extra on gas because of the issue with the throttle body

about 40 gallons of wasted gas

Last edited:

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, the HyHoes had aluminum hoods and rear hatches??????

I have my PPV down to 4995 now, when I swap to the L9H 6.2 I will drop another 110lbs with an aluminum block. Still in the quest for dropping more weight, yet keeping it a comfy roadtrip truck

chucksrt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
do any companies offer tunes for the hybrids? I have been seriously considering getting a 2014 Escalade Hybrid for economy purposes but I would want to be able to play with it too.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, the HyHoes had aluminum hoods and rear hatches??????

I have my PPV down to 4995 now, when I swap to the L9H 6.2 I will drop another 110lbs with an aluminum block. Still in the quest for dropping more weight, yet keeping it a comfy roadtrip truck
yeah it does

ChargedM90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is Brent still around? I'd love to have his rig Dyno tested, and then potentially have a friend rip the calibration off his Tahoe to be able to load it onto other vehicles.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is Brent still around? I'd love to have his rig Dyno tested, and then potentially have a friend rip the calibration off his Tahoe to be able to load it onto other vehicles.
From what i had read it has 379hp,472 ft of torque

you can spin the tires even with traction control on

ChargedM90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
From what i had read it has 379hp,472 ft of torque

you can spin the tires even with traction control on
Any chance you could take a video of 0-60 from a standing start for me, facing the gauge cluster?

I just need something concrete to show my associate how much faster it is, and then we may be able to copy the program on your Tahoe, and be able to flash it onto any GM 2 mode hybrid.

Many many many people would appreciate having a 380hp/472tq truck or SUV that also got 20 mpg. It would make me buy one.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
needs new battery for it to be fair test though it's 14 years old

I put ethanol free gas the mpg is at 23.5(avg on the meter) around town which is pretty good.... i'm going to use up all the gas in the tank then fill it with the E0.... I can feel the difference with the E0 fuel.... i'm sure if i had AFM ON(using disable chip) i could get about 32-37mpg on the highway..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC

Latest posts