Howdy from Oregon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Wow there are so many awesome Tahoes and Yukons on this forum. Such greatness!
I recently scored a 2011 police SSV from an auction. I love this thing! I look forward to sharing my experience with it with everyone. I have learned so much already from all of you.
My previous vehicle was a 2008 Envoy which I had drove for about 80k miles. It was a great car but as my kids are getting bigger it was quickly getting smaller. I wanted my next vehicle to be more of a carry all type so hello Tahoe. It fit the bill perfectly. It did have 124k on the odometer. That didn't sway me though. I only paid 12 grand for it so I figured that even if I had to swap the motor and/or tranny I was still ahead of the game.
When I picked the thing up it wasn't in bad shape but it was a bit rough. The AFM was fighting the torque converter, it was running on E85 and was getting about 10mpg. Plugs and wires were the first things to go. Then the oil and air filter change. When I emptied out the air filter a big pile of dirt came out of it. The air box was perfectly clean though (thanks Wix filters!).
Next was pulling and cleaning the throttle body. That alone made a huge difference in drive quality. The tires on it were load range E. They were all inflated differently. Those I pumped up to 50psi. Then i went and got a Superchips Flashpaq tuner. Initially I ran into problems as the stock computer file was nowhere near stock. The guys at Superchips were at first baffled but they went to the ends of the earth to get me the correct file to upload so that I could tune. Once I did that, I programmed the computer for economy. I still have a ton of things to do. My main concern was fuel economy. I just wanted something that would get better than my 08 Envy which was 11mpg/city. All of my hard work paid off. On my last fill up I calculated 14.9mpg/city. I'm a happy camper. Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_20150628_125615.jpg
    IMG_20150628_125615.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20150814_140524.jpg
    IMG_20150814_140524.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20150825_134351.jpg
    IMG_20150825_134351.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
iLikeEggs

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Thanks!

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Glad to be amongst friends!

HoS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One Oregonian to another! Welcome!

carid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! Great to have you join us. Congrats on your new ride - it looks amazing! Lots of very informed members on here with a wealth of information, so you've come to the right place! You'll find just about anything you might have questions about there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz