Howdy from Metro Detroit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zielkejo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to the forum and potential Chevy Tahoe owner if everything goes good tomorrow on the one i'm looking at... 2018 Midnight Edition with 48k miles for 36k

OP
OP
zielkejo

zielkejo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 10.51.54 PM.png'

A picture would be nice haha!

This will be the 4th Tahoe i'll be looking at in this search... the other three were close but something was lacking... Finally came around on spending a few more bucks for what you want and waiting to find one that's been well cared for.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach&NYC!

Price seems right. Hopefully you can get all service records. Al Serra has excellent reviews which is nice to see these days.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

OP
OP
zielkejo

zielkejo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Happy to report, the truck was CLEAN as all get out and checked all the boxes.... it's parked in my driveway tonite after a LOOONG day of moving and shaking to get all the pieces to fall into place, but i am so happy.

IMG_9288.JPGIMG_9287.JPGIMG_9289.JPG
JUST THE DAY BEFORE, i had looked at a similar rig-- 2019 with 58k miles for 34,500... but it did not pass the sniff test... a mix of smoke and car seat cleaner gave us a headache on the test drive, and there were more dings and nicks than i was comfortable with when departing with 34k. But part of me was ready to compromise, thinking maybe it wouldn't bother me as much in the morning.

So when I got home, I broaden my search perimeter, and found this one... Called first thing in the morning and was heading out by noon to go check it out.

For nearly the same price as the one I saw yesterday, it was cleaner by a MILE and all around better maintained/looking.

The Details: the truck is a 2018 Midnight Edition with 49k miles, clean car fax, and was listed for 35k. I had been looking long enough to know what other 35k Tahoes look like, and this one was far and above a nicer rig. It was previously leased out in the country by an older gentleman and then purchased after lease by one of the GM techs, and now sits in my driveway. I was able to trade in my wife's 2014 Toyota Prius with 197K miles for $4200 towards the purchase price. with 3.25% interest and 10k down + trade in, i'm left financing just under 25k at 72 months, but plan to pay it off before the year is over.

Things I loved: The whole Midnight edition package, it wasn't something I was seeking out particularly, but i'll be darned if it ain't got everything i'd ever want to do to the truck already done. The 3rd row delete is super handy for our storage needs, and my wife loves the beefier side steps when getting in and out. Those gloss black rims I never thought i'd own cuz they look expensive but here we are. And who doesn't love a pair of black bowties?

Things I will change: the current tires on the truck, wow... I may say they look really bad ass but the whine of an off road tire is not something that appeals to me. With the truck at 50k miles and these being original tires, i'm debating doing tires now or waiting till next year... we'll see how long till it drives me nuts lol

in summary: I've had mostly luke warm experiences when buying used cars the past 20 years, but I can say this one was helpful and pleasant and I would recommend anybody to here... Al Serra in Grand Blanc MI. I drove a Chevy Express van for many miles and loved it and was sad to part with it, but this fills a void for my family's needs like no other vehicle on the road can.... Size, Performance, Reliability, and Sizzling Style... Can't go wrong with a nice Tahoe!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attempt22

Latest posts