Howdy, all! Couple quick questions re Esky roof rack swap...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, GM definitely sells these things as a "kit" now (yes, they still show individual parts, but they also have a part number for a left kit and a right kit).

I need to get into the boxes, but I'm assuming that I did NOT get the cross rails in the kit (pretty sure you have to order them separately).

I got it for $344.58. A buddy of mine will be painting the caps, and he'll probably charge me $30 (that's what he asked me for for painting my mirror caps). So, not too shabby!

Oh -- For those of you who did this swap, are you using the cross rails? I'm assuming I need Esky-specific rails for this, yes? If so, can I put the side rails on now, and add the cross rails LATER with the side rails already on the truck? Or do they need to attach with at least one side rail off of the truck?

Thanks!

e-dub75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh -- For those of you who did this swap, are you using the cross rails? I'm assuming I need Esky-specific rails for this, yes? If so, can I put the side rails on now, and add the cross rails LATER with the side rails already on the truck? Or do they need to attach with at least one side rail off of the truck?

Thanks!

My tahoe did not have the cross rails come with it but my Esky did come with them so I am not sure if they are the same. I doubt it though. You can put on the rails on now and add later. You will need to remove the end caps towards the back to slide them on though.

rpark08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep, GM definitely sells these things as a "kit" now (yes, they still show individual parts, but they also have a part number for a left kit and a right kit).

I need to get into the boxes, but I'm assuming that I did NOT get the cross rails in the kit (pretty sure you have to order them separately).

I got it for $344.58. A buddy of mine will be painting the caps, and he'll probably charge me $30 (that's what he asked me for for painting my mirror caps). So, not too shabby!

Thanks!
I am looking to add the chrome roof racks to my 2009 Tahoe, but the dealerships in my area can't seem to find the information I need. Would you happen to have the part numbers for the left and right kits? The only place I can find them is through Custome Creations in CA and they want $699 for both and another $75 to paint.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
I am looking to add the chrome roof racks to my 2009 Tahoe, but the dealerships in my area can't seem to find the information I need. Would you happen to have the part numbers for the left and right kits? The only place I can find them is through Custome Creations in CA and they want $699 for both and another $75 to paint.

I would look in local wrecking yards that carry late model GM parts, or keep and eye on eBay. Thats the cheapest option. Also, you should be able to paint the end caps yourself.

rpark08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've checked with a couple wreck yards and none around my area have them. I just keep seeing that people are finding them through GM, but for some odd reason the dealers in my area are lost when it comes to this part.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
The rack is expensive as shity from the dealer. eBay has them every now and then. You can check on gmpartsdirect.com.

1000th post!

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the part numbers:

25996380 "rail kit"
25996381 "rail kit"
15838222 "rail", 2 of these
15916756 "plate" , 4 of these

The first 2 numbers are the left and right sides. You don't need the cross rails unless you want to be able to carry something, and yes, the ends come grey and must be matched to your paint code. GM Parts direct is cheap on the parts but stick it in and break it off on the shipping cost. You might try negotiating with the dealer. I gave up waiting on E-bay for this but did get a killer deal on the Escalade third brake light there.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the part numbers:

25996380 "rail kit"
25996381 "rail kit"
15838222 "rail", 2 of these
15916756 "plate" , 4 of these

The first 2 numbers are the left and right sides. You don't need the cross rails unless you want to be able to carry something, and yes, the ends come grey and must be matched to your paint code. GM Parts direct is cheap on the parts but stick it in and break it off on the shipping cost. You might try negotiating with the dealer. I gave up waiting on E-bay for this but did get a killer deal on the Escalade third brake light there.

You also need the "nut" for centering and holding down each side rail. They're literally $2.xx a piece, as I recall, so they're practically nothing -- but you really do need them. Don't know the part #s to them offhand, but I can probably locate them tomorrow...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Five3brian