Howdy, all! Couple quick questions re Esky roof rack swap...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Glad to see there's a new Tahoe-specific forum around [that I hope will take the place of the crapped-out tahoeforum.com site]. Some of the other Tahoe/Chevy forums just aren't specific enough for sharing info about the '07+ Tahoes. Hopefully, this place fills the bill.

I'm considering the Escalade rook rack for my '09. A couple questions:

1. Is GMpartsdirect.com the place to go for the rack? Or, have you all been going directly through the dealership?
2. I remember seeing that folks were having trouble tracking down the end caps for the rack. I think I might have also read that it is NOW coming as a complete package (with the caps). Can anyone confirm any of this?
3. How long does the swap take? And do you need to re-silicone anything?

Thanks, folks!

/< / /2 /<

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure if the caps come painted or not but other than that its a direct swap.

mdtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine from the dealer because working at a shop we get a discount. The caps do not come painted. It took about 10 minutes using a battery operated impact gun. No modifications are needed, it directly bolts on. No need to use any silicone.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine from the dealer because working at a shop we get a discount. The caps do not come painted. It took about 10 minutes using a battery operated impact gun. No modifications are needed, it directly bolts on. No need to use any silicone.

Thanks, folks!

Md -- Do you mind sharing what your cost for the compete get-up was?

Also, do you happen to have parts numbers handy for everything I'll need?

Thank you.

mdtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will have to look to see if I still have the part numbers at work. I think I paid $347 for all

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Md. If you have the info, I'd appreciate it if you could share. That sounds like a good price for everything.

e-dub75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What I remembered seeing (on the other site) is that gmparts will not sell you the caps and the dealer is going to charge you out the ass. I end up finding mine on ebay and paid $500 for it. Then I got the dealer to paint the caps for me which cost around $175.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I remembered seeing (on the other site) is that gmparts will not sell you the caps and the dealer is going to charge you out the ass. I end up finding mine on ebay and paid $500 for it. Then I got the dealer to paint the caps for me which cost around $175.

Thanks, e. I think (THINK) that might be old info. I just came from my Chevy dealer who located a "kit" for the roof rack that appeared to have everything you need in it except for the cross rails (and some people don't want them anyway). You have to buy a "right" and "left" kit -- but, they both appeared to include the end caps.

I've ordered the kits, so we'll see exactly what comes with them...

ChevyGirl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Thats what I paid at the Cadi dealer!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elfro