How to stiffen suspension/stop swaying?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read a few threads where people weren't happy with Belltech shocks. I THINK @iamdub was one.

Thx for the backup @PNW VietVet.

I can't fault Belltech entirely for my issue. I ordered the larger shock for my drop since the advertised specs matched just what I needed and I didn't wanna get a smaller shock just because it would allow more travel that wasn't even necessary for me. It turns out the larger shock is also much firmer. I changed springs and shocks together, so I didn't know the shock was to blame for the firm ride. It was more firm than what I wanted, but damn, did it corner on rails!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My rig is not lowered and I have the KYB Increased Handling & Stability Gas Adjust Monotube shocks. I had them on for about 2+ months before the sway bar install and new rear springs. I could feel the difference in the shocks compared to what I feel were the still original shocks on the rig. My combination really stabilized everything but I know the Hellwig sway bar kits are the biggest contributor to that.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m on Monroe shocks rn my belltech shocks are on the way hopefully this fixes it I’ve wasted so much money on the suspension
You won’t like the Belltech shocks, get some Bilsteins. I wouldn’t even mount those Belltechs, you won’t be able to get your money back if you do. I’ve heard nothing but bad about those. Bilstein 4600’s are for lowered or stock height trucks. If you’re not running shock extenders you need those too, they relocate the mount points back close to stock length.

Reaction score
You won’t like the Belltech shocks, get some Bilsteins. I wouldn’t even mount those Belltechs, you won’t be able to get your money back if you do. I’ve heard nothing but bad about those. Bilstein 4600’s are for lowered or stock height trucks.
Ok appreciate it I’m gonna be ordering new shocks and of course not belltechs