How to stiffen suspension/stop swaying?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not right now
I’ve heard they don’t really make a difference in ride
They keep the shocks from bottoming out due to the mounting points becoming closer together when you lower the truck. If you lower it 2”, the shocks have to shrink those 2”. The extenders get back about 1 1/2” of that by extending the mounting points further apart, closer to stock do you don’t need to get “drop shocks”.

Reaction score
I am not right now
Yeah. You should have the rear shock relocation brackets. They'll allow you to run regular shocks.View attachment 271856 View attachment 271857 View attachment 271858 View attachment 271859 View attachment 271860
In the last pic you can see the lower relocation shock brackets. These are regular shocks.
oh ok you got the link to those shocks ?
And clean truck man

Reaction score
They keep the shocks from bottoming out due to the mounting points becoming closer together when you lower the truck. If you lower it 2”, the shocks have to shrink those 2”. The extenders get back about 1 1/2” of that by extending the mounting points further apart, closer to stock do you don’t need to get “drop shocks”.
Yup will be going with shock extenders then appreciate the response and help

Reaction score
@Rocket Man is totally right about the shock extenders they are well worth the couple bucks. Especially since it let's you save money by running a near factory sized shock like the Bilstein 4600s.

Also I totally agree with @PNW VietVet , the Helwig bars make a HUGE difference!
Yup going to be ordering them shock extenders next lol

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not right now

They do if you're running stock length shocks. Get the McGaughy's shock extenders, they drop the shocks down more than the Belltech ones. If you're only dropped 2/3 with knuckles in the front, get the Bilstein 5100 and use the McGaughy's extenders. If you're dropped more than that use the 4600.

Reaction score
They do if you're running stock length shocks. Get the McGaughy's shock extenders, they drop the shocks down more than the Belltech ones. If you're only dropped 2/3 with knuckles in the front, get the Bilstein 5100 and use the McGaughy's extenders. If you're dropped more than that use the 4600.
I’m at a 3/4 drop rn and yea imma go with the 4600 bilstean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts