HOW-TO: Replacing 03-06 NBS Instrument cluster stepper motors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
It's quite a bit more blue, so I'm guessing the stock bulbs are just basic bulbs throwing an almost amber/off-white color. It was more yellow/green before. Looks a lot better now, that's a fact. I'm very pleased with the results.

toddis32

Reaction score
Those are the CLONED stepper motor knock-offs. You should have bought the good ones.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Those are the CLONED stepper motor knock-offs. You should have bought the good ones.

And one who has never dealt with them can tell the difference how?

If you're going to be critical, at least be helpful....

gunthernsons

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great write up. For those who are thinking of going the cheap route at Radio Shack for a soldering iron, don't. Those things are horrific and don't hold a constant temperature. One other find, and its more of a preference, instead of the solder sucker there is a solder wick. Pretty much just makes the solder disappear when you heat it up.

Mr.Joshua

Reaction score
Thanks for the awesome write up! I have a buddy that is tearing into his cluster tonight because if the info supplied here.
--question though...anybody know if the vehicle will run without the cluster connected. It's his only vehicle and he's a little nervous to get it finished up quickly (feeling the pressure I suppose:p)

Schmule

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks ScottyBoy. That is just what I need. Would it be worth it to snag some motors off a junkyard dash cluster?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n