How to replace the passenger/right side blend door actuator 2007-2014 tahoe yukon xl suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this may also apply to silverado, escalade will have a different trim removal procedure
part number needed is 1572971 (15-72971) or dorman compatible 604-106
both the left and right side use the same part number, left side is on the bottom under the kick panel, right side is on top as shown in video
tools needed: plastic trim pry tool, 7mm, 10mm, 5.5mm

malvizar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How do I know if my driver or passenger side is faulty, I'm getting cold air when the heater is on in my front defroster. Also when AC is off I get hot air through the front/face vents, like the blend door is not closing.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do I know if my driver or passenger side is faulty, I'm getting cold air when the heater is on in my front defroster. Also when AC is off I get hot air through the front/face vents, like the blend door is not closing.
sounds more like the mode actuator that is up under the center of the dash you have to access it from under the drivers side, I read it is difficult to do because you have to contort yourself under the pedal area to reach it. you can watch it with a flashlight while you change the controls on the ac panel.

malvizar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sounds more like the mode actuator that is up under the center of the dash you have to access it from under the drivers side, I read it is difficult to do because you have to contort yourself under the pedal area to reach it. you can watch it with a flashlight while you change the controls on the ac panel.

Ok that's a good start. I'll look more into that. Thanks

malvizar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Edit: nevermind. I followed the YouTube link and read the comments. Thanks

In the video you posted, he's replacing the driver side or passenger side?

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edit: nevermind. I followed the YouTube link and read the comments. Thanks

In the video you posted, he's replacing the driver side or passenger side?
that's is my video and that is for the passenger side, drivers side is on the bottom under the glove box kick panel

BrandonPowell0195

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
this may also apply to silverado, escalade will have a different trim removal procedure
part number needed is 1572971 (15-72971) or dorman compatible 604-106
both the left and right side use the same part number, left side is on the bottom under the kick panel, right side is on top as shown in video
tools needed: plastic trim pry tool, 7mm, 10mm, 5.5mm
Is there any fuses that need to be pulled or just a straight remove and replace

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts