Dashboard Replacement 2013 GMT900 Yukon/Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bfields3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@t_bergman Thanks for the great write up! I’m planning to tackle the dashskin removal and oem dash replacement as well. Can you please provide your thoughts/advice on how to remove the dashskin from the old cracked dash?

OP
OP
T

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the great write up! I’m planning to tackle the dashskin removal and oem dash replacement as well. Can you please provide your thoughts/advice on how to remove the dashskin from the old cracked dash?
Resurfacing this thread to provide an update, everything is holding well with the new part number and it has about 3k miles on it.

From a removal standpoint, get a cheap trim tool set to pry with. It's going to scratch the tools but it should be the best way to remove the dash skin cover.

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a great write up and I second the use of plastic trim tools. they go a long way.

For those interested, the process puts you about 1/3 - 1/2 of the way to pulling out your dash to remove the hvac box and replace your bad actuators / heater core etc. I also used +20 zip lock bags and labeled them so I would not lose screws.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those interested, the process puts you about 1/3 - 1/2 of the way to pulling out your dash to remove the hvac box and replace your bad actuators / heater core etc.
Something to look forward to! :sad72:

Definitely an AWESOME writeup! Saved me much frustration, broken plastic pieces, and time I'm sure! Thank you @t_bergman!

Jared999, if there are any tricky parts about HVAC removal, please let us know!

jghjhj75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Which 3rd part company did you order dash from, gmparts.com ect ? I’m having to replace mine I busted the whole thing out lol. A lot of sites that sell oem parts been deemed as scammers for delivering wrong parts/broken no refund ect.

OP
OP
T

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which 3rd part company did you order dash from, gmparts.com ect ? I’m having to replace mine I busted the whole thing out lol. A lot of sites that sell oem parts been deemed as scammers for delivering wrong parts/broken no refund ect.
The dashboard I ordered directly from a GM dealer; I didn't want anything to happen to it in shipping and would rather be able to reject it at the dealer if it came in damaged.

I paid $632.50 with tax for part 23224747; most of the online stores are around $450 but then it's $200-$350 to ship it to you which ends up being more expensive.

I doubt your local dealer will match the online prices, but they may be able to work out some kind of deal.