How to Remove Yukon Fog Light Bezels - Step By Step w/ Pic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tenminutes

Reaction score
Guys- Figured I would contribute. I recently changed my 2019 Yukon SLT grill which required me to remove the front bumper. At the time I had my "Midnight chrome" GM Fog Light Bezels on order so I investigated how to remove the chrome ones when I had the bumper off. It's actually super easy once you know what you are doing.

Writing this up so you guys don't have to tape off and cover the entire truck when painting them or vinyl wrapping them (which is what I almost did because I was too afraid of investigating how to remove them)!

1) You don't need to gain access through the fender liner, I thought you did...but ended up touching everything I needed from under the front bumper
2) There is one key screw and one white/clear plastic clip you are targeting to remove in order to pop our the fog bezel (See image)
3) White/Clear Plastic Clip: When you look at the fog housing from under the truck, the clip is located at the farthest "inside" area of the fog light bezel. You'll need to push in the head of the clip and work it towards the inside (towards the center of the front bumper) and it will pop out.
4) The Key Screw: The actual fog light is attached to the trick by THREE screws when you look at it with the bumper off. Only one of the screws is your friend for removing the bezel and it can be reached with an open socket style screw driver (not sure what hex head size but it's the same size as the fender liner hex bolts).
5) Once the clip and the screw are removed, with your fingers, from the front of the truck, you can pop out the trim pretty easy.

The entire process took me 20 minutes.

I haven't posted enough on this forum to be allowed into the classified but If anyone is interested in my Chrome Bezels they can have them for $75 shipped. Just let me know.

fog light bezel.jpg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys- Figured I would contribute. I recently changed my 2019 Yukon SLT grill which required me to remove the front bumper. At the time I had my "Midnight chrome" GM Fog Light Bezels on order so I investigated how to remove the chrome ones when I had the bumper off. It's actually super easy once you know what you are doing.

Writing this up so you guys don't have to tape off and cover the entire truck when painting them or vinyl wrapping them (which is what I almost did because I was too afraid of investigating how to remove them)!

1) You don't need to gain access through the fender liner, I thought you did...but ended up touching everything I needed from under the front bumper
2) There is one key screw and one white/clear plastic clip you are targeting to remove in order to pop our the fog bezel (See image)
3) White/Clear Plastic Clip: When you look at the fog housing from under the truck, the clip is located at the farthest "inside" area of the fog light bezel. You'll need to push in the head of the clip and work it towards the inside (towards the center of the front bumper) and it will pop out.
4) The Key Screw: The actual fog light is attached to the trick by THREE screws when you look at it with the bumper off. Only one of the screws is your friend for removing the bezel and it can be reached with an open socket style screw driver (not sure what hex head size but it's the same size as the fender liner hex bolts).
5) Once the clip and the screw are removed, with your fingers, from the front of the truck, you can pop out the trim pretty easy.

I haven't posted enough on this forum to be allowed into the classified but If anyone is interested in my Chrome Bezels they can have them for $75 shipped. Just let me know.

View attachment 222704
Good info here

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
Good write up. Where did you get the Graphite edition Fog light bezels? I already have the Graphite edition grill so the Bezels are the last thing I need.

OP
OP
tenminutes

tenminutes

Reaction score
Good write up. Where did you get the Graphite edition Fog light bezels? I already have the Graphite edition grill so the Bezels are the last thing I need.

See screen shot of part numbers. You can use that vin too, I pulled it off a graphite edition from the dealership.

C3961BE7-9C21-43C3-B524-62CA216AA6BF.jpeg

Timothy Sargent

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

View attachment 222704
Still got the chrome bezels? Willing to sell driver side only? Chrome tin started to flake off if mine. Let me know!

geysser1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

View attachment 222704
Do you know the p/n of the clear plastic clip? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019