How to remove this dash trim?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going to paint all the grey pieces.
Driver side passenger side radio bezel and steering wheel bezel. But idk how to remove this? Looks like tabs but they won’t budge and I do not want to break anything!!!!image.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t have that new of a truck but it looks like those 7mm screws might have something to do with it. Did you try removing them? Also, is there an access panel on the right side that snaps off, if you open the door and look at the side of the dash? There might be more screws behind it.

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
9CC621F2-42CD-4BC1-88FC-DF587854996B.jpeg31E3FF52-BAA7-4235-90D5-1BD09AD6DFDC.jpeg1C8564F3-322F-4702-8A3E-06A761BFD609.jpeg
So called two vinyl shops and asked if they could wrap, one said no one exterior and the other quoted me $800 bahahaha and that price is if I remove the trim and bring it. Wtd kinda price is that….? I do live in Westlake Village CA which is a big $$$$$ town, there’s a Bentley and lambo dealership down the street and a Ferrari dealership as well. Albeit I could go down to LA and have some “cheaper” shop wrap these pieces for $100.

What I’d like to do is buy the trims and wrap those my self that way if I mess up removing the trim off dash and break it I’m not SOL as well as messing up the wrap which if that’s the case than I’ll paint them. But the more I look at the interior, the wood on the side of the center console and wood running down the side of the doors would need some color too! I originally was thinking of this vinyl

But maybe just a flat black or black leather to match the rest but than the price will go up on material’s

Also chevy wtf guys, why is the headliner and pillars grey….. shoulda blacked that out too!!!

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did you remove the screws? :crazy:
Unfortunately my daughter woke up in the truck, so I put it all back together
I’m bout to drive down to San Diego for a week so it may get halted for a few weeks but maybe I’ll do it while I’m on vacation and bring my tools :)

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That silver piece is part of the vent assembly. It has been a while since I've had one out but if I remember correctly, there are the screws you can see in your picture but also some screws on the side under the side cover of the instrument panel and then I believe there are some clips.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think if leather were to be put on dash air bag would not perform as designed which would lead to safety issue for passenger,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts