How to remove the speaker grill for painting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That looks really nice ^^!

Here is when I did mine as well. Not on the same level as Rocket Man, but still clean. I had not replaced the courtesy light yet in this pic. Note the LS did not have carpeted kick panels or Bose speakers either. I actually went ahead and taped off behind the speaker grilles and blacked it out so that you could not see the tweeter and mid range speakers in the door.
View attachment 265488
My LS has carpet on the lower panels. It's an 03, so just like the lower courtesy lights--they deleted the carpet in later years.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LS has carpet on the lower panels. It's an 03, so just like the lower courtesy lights
--they deleted the carpet in later years.

Dammit Tony...lol :chair:

Funny how the different years and trims get the different or same treatment even in the same models. I know we have seen this many times. Interesting. And for some reason I thought you had an LT? Maybe that was @05Single? I was thinking of?

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Dammit Tony...lol :chair:

Funny how the different years and trims get the different or same treatment even in the same models. I know we have seen this many times. Interesting. And for some reason I thought you had an LT? Maybe that was @05Single? I was thinking of?
Mines an LT with autoride. And with the carpet on the door that I wish wasn’t there cause it’s ugly and serves no purpose except getting dirty

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mines an LT with autoride. And with the carpet on the door that I wish wasn’t there cause it’s ugly and serves no purpose except getting dirty

That’s for sure mine is dirty wish it didn’t exist

I bought extra matching carpet when I ordered new stuff for the floor and replaced mine but it was a *****. That old carpet was fused to the door panel and the foam backing didn’t want to peel off at all. I ended up using a straight edge razor blade in a holder and doing as neat a job as I could. I kept cutting into the door panel. It came out nice though.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I bought extra matching carpet when I ordered new stuff for the floor and replaced mine but it was a *****. That old carpet was fused to the door panel and the foam backing didn’t want to peel off at all. I ended up using a straight edge razor blade in a holder and doing as neat a job as I could. I kept cutting into the door panel. It came out nice though.
Yea It’s a ***** to remove . I wanted to remove it and put smoked plexiglass with TAHOE letters that lit up with rgb strips. One of many ideas I’ll never finish lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea It’s a ***** to remove . I wanted to remove it and put smoked plexiglass with TAHOE letters that lit up with rgb strips. One of many ideas I’ll never finish lol
If I was to do that I’d just cut that whole panel out from the back and replace it with whatever was called for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu