How to install helper bags in springs. Pics inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Im doing another tahoe tomorrow so might as well show how to get the helper bags in since I get a tons of calls on this. You can slide it thru the bigger coils on this spring but on my 6" drop springs you need to do as below

This is a airlift 60742 on the rear 5305 3-4 kit i sell
07 up
http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=108

00-06
http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=145

1) Put bag in a bucket of hot water for 5 minutes

2) take it out and remove top rubber cap

3) fold top over bottom
20131115_171139.jpg

4) then fold sides over and put black cap back on
20131115_171226.jpg

5) slowly go in from wider coils.

6) once you get it thru the top push it down
20131115_171331.jpg

7) Remove top cap and air will be sucked in and form the bag inside the coil and push it all the way down
20131115_171424.jpg

8) Once you make sure it fits you can bring it up a little attach the air line and then drop it down and your done.

And now here is another reason why you have the dead coils up top and open coils on bottom.

Last edited:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I did mine then first time I did it from the side........ through the bigger coil gaps.

I did not mush it up as much.

When I had one fail....... I also did it from the side WITHOUT removing the spring.... just jacked the truck up.

Also lube it up using soap water.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ I did it the same without the soap and water though

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
When I did mine then first time I did it from the side........ through the bigger coil gaps.

I did not mush it up as much.

When I had one fail....... I also did it from the side WITHOUT removing the spring.... just jacked the truck up.

Also lube it up using soap water.

above is for new spring install or pulling out 1 inch spacer. My 5-6 inch kit will not work by going thru the sides will need to remove spring

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys use the bags for towing only or to help with the ride as well?

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
both. If a customer can afford the 80 bucks i tell them to go with the bag. That way they can load up the truck down the road and never have a issue. Also ride does change adding in the bags gives a more solid feeling

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can afford the 80, What's the 80 bucks for?

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
helper bag kit but if your bumpstop brackets arent cut and running the shorter bumpstop i set up I would do that first. Lots of times people say man no travel bottoms out. Do the djm endlinks and the bumpstops and boom no more issues. You get a lot more travel doing that but if your towing or loading it up i would do the helper bags also.

Last edited:

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ I run the same amount in mine. I'll finally be using them next month when I actually load her up for the drive down south. See how they hold up and see how the ride is first time taking a trip with it since lowering her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10