How to install E-Fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to do the security relearn, that's why it won't start for you!! Gotta turn the truck on to the on position for a set amount of time and do that for a few times, contact Jenna on here and she will let you know exactly how to do that if you PCM didn't come with any directions!! After that, your truck will throw an engine code light until you get the crank relearn done but it will run and drive while needing that!
Also yes, if you have an 01 or 02, you should only have the 1 pin BB harness to hook up your fans!

Last edited:

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As stated, you need to perform the security relearn. The instructions are on the paper that came with the PCM.

Definitely sounds like you have the wrong harness. Shoot us an email and we will look into it.

Sent from an ice cream sammich.

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad opened the pcmcia before I ever saw it and said there was no paperwork...I think he may have lost it or didn't see it. Is there a way to make the later model harness funtion the same as the early models without a ton of rewiring? If so then I might go that route.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Jennabear...I sent an email last night. Waiting for reply. And I guess I clicked on the wrong harness when I bought it because my paypal says 05+ harness so I guess that's my fault

HK-DEMON-

Reaction score
I need some information regarding the removal of the fan assembly.

So let me get this clear, once the fan assembly has been removed do you need some type of nut or bolt to replace where the fan assembly once was? To me it seems that what kept the pulley from coming off was the fan clutch assembly, since the fan assembly has been removed will that pulley come off? I hope I made myself clear and explained this correctly?

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need some information regarding the removal of the fan assembly.

So let me get this clear, once the fan assembly has been removed do you need some type of nut or bolt to replace where the fan assembly once was? To me it seems that what kept the pulley from coming off was the fan clutch assembly, since the fan assembly has been removed will that pulley come off? I hope I made myself clear and explained this correctly?

No need to put a bolt on the pulley. It is part of the water pump assembly. Its all one piece so just take the fan off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I talked to Justin @ blackbear via email and he suggested I use the 05+ wiring harness and just have my pcm flashed to take the dual pins. My question is that I already have a pin inserted into the red #33 slot on my pcm so how is this going to work since I have an 01 and not an 03. I'm not sure as to what is already in that slot....Is it the control for the fans? Is it the control for the A/C compressor? I'm kinda lost as to how that will be accomplished. Could someone explain?

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read that thread but I still don't understand how a second pin on my harness will work? My PCM has blue and red connectors instead of blue and green.....and on my red connector pin #33 is already taken. So where does that wire go? Do I tap into the A/C clutch wire like the 01 harness or is there another way?

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Also....I could use the security re-learn procedure if someone knows it. Gonna tray and figure this out one day soon.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read that thread but I still don't understand how a second pin on my harness will work? My PCM has blue and red connectors instead of blue and green.....and on my red connector pin #33 is already taken. So where does that wire go? Do I tap into the A/C clutch wire like the 01 harness or is there another way?

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Also....I could use the security re-learn procedure if someone knows it. Gonna tray and figure this out one day soon.

As stated before you have the wrong harness. Pin 33 doesn't work for you. Stop looking at pin 33 lol.

For the 03+ it measures a c pressure or some crap to activate the fans. We older trucks pick the signal from the a.c. compressor turning on hence the need for what should be a wire tap on your harness instead of a pin connection. So when my compressor turns on one fan activates on hhigh.

Like I said the 03+ trucks have better fan control but our setup does the job.

No idea if you can modify your harness or not.

The security relearn process is on here somewhere. A scan tool should be able to get rid of check engine light code that follows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts