How to install E-Fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys- I traded my 03 for an 09. So I have the E-Fans out of my 03 (06 Denali) and Nelson Harness that I am selling- If anyone is needing one or knows of someone send me a message.

Thanks

do u still have these? im looking to do this pretty soon

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't find an answer anywhere, so maybe someone here can help... I hooked my fans up with my new bbp pcm, and they didn't turn on. Its my understanding that the pass side should come on with the a/c, so I cranked it on high but nothing. I know the drivers side wont kick on bc its colder here but is it possible that the pass side isn't on for the same reason? I thought it would kick on no matter what the ougside temp with the ac on. If it wont run til the temp warms up, how do I know they're functioning until then? I don't wanna risk overheating my engine if it does get warm outside

beav626

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check with BB and he should explain the on off sequence

My passenger side came on when truck started and drivers side at desired temp then on high for desired temp

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have an 03 or newer your passenger fan works off ac pressure I believe so it doesn't cycle on and off with ac compressor like the older model trucks. May have to let it run and build up pressure.

As far as the temperature test for both fans I would drive it around until it gets to operating temp and stop and let it idle. Fans should come on before temp needle reaches 210.

Our radiators are fairly efficient so just driving around my fans hardly ever turn on.

Sent from my marble slab!

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks for that, I guess I misunderstood exactly how they work. Ill make up some long connections so I can test them without actually mounting them in the truck. I don't wanna have to put them in and take them out again lol

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i feel like a big ole **** now, but i got it all working... bottomline2000 hit the nail on the head, i just didnt give it enough time to fully warm up. to test them, i made 4 temp jumpers with spade connections on either end and placed the fans on a work bench, removed the clutch fan and let the truck warm up, then they both turned on. went ahead and threw em in and everything is good to go

really appreciate the help, and a BIG thanks to bottomline2000 for the spot on diagnosis

i really love the TYF and all the great members that help guys like me get through all these projects

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i feel like a big ole **** now, but i got it all working... bottomline2000 hit the nail on the head, i just didnt give it enough time to fully warm up. to test them, i made 4 temp jumpers with spade connections on either end and placed the fans on a work bench, removed the clutch fan and let the truck warm up, then they both turned on. went ahead and threw em in and everything is good to go

really appreciate the help, and a BIG thanks to bottomline2000 for the spot on diagnosis

i really love the TYF and all the great members that help guys like me get through all these projects

:cheers: No problem!

Captain_hi_c

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed E fans on my 04 Yukon last month, using LS1fans.com harness and EFI live that I bought from Black Bear to activate the PCM pins myself.

My yukon already had the big radiator.

Bought the fans from rock auto, and they are the higher blade count OE ones for an 08 yukon.

The harness from LS1fans.com was a real good quality harness with labels on everything but there website is not updated for directions and there were no pictures for the install instructions on there website. I even email them with a question about the ground wire coming off of the passenger side fan plug, to see if there was an existing bolt you use or if you had to make your own hole. There reply was very vague so I wound up making my own hole to ground.

Only other problem I ran into was I had no bolts for the fans to go into the top of the radiator core support. I didn't think about it and I didn't see it mentioned in the e-fan thread before. So I just borrowed one bolt out of the radiator for now.

And I am still using the stock Alternator with the stock pulley for now.

Also at the same time I installed a Airaid MIT tube for an 05 yukon.

Still it was fun and makes the truck look newer and gets rid of the loud clutch fan in the summer.

IMG_20130604_194242_635-1.jpg

IMG_20130604_194307_032.jpg

IMG_20130604_194334_439.jpg

beav626

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will want that alternator soon. The E Fans will draw quite a bit of power.

BTW install looks good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC