Frozen screen fans ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ivanhoe

Reaction score
Hello again...further to other issue, the cold is trying to kill my tahoe.

Started on remote this morning to see if it would actually start (-40⁰c) and it did ...heard a noise from kitchen and went to check.

Engine runs and is heating up but no dash fans running...I switched off and back on and heard a quiet noise like a fan was stuck. Could they be frozen in the dash ?

...it's insanely cold here.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello again...further to other issue, the cold is trying to kill my tahoe.

Started on remote this morning to see if it would actually start (-40⁰c) and it did ...heard a noise from kitchen and went to check.

Engine runs and is heating up but no dash fans running...I switched off and back on and heard a quiet noise like a fan was stuck. Could they be frozen in the dash ?

...it's insanely cold here.
at 40 below you can likely expect some strange things to possibly happen until it warms up a bit
something as simple as a car cover might help a little, park under a car port, or behind anything that blocks wind maybe.
if you have the option to plug in a extension cord you could use a reptile or pet heating pad inside under the dash area, any little bit of radiant heat can help prevent freezing
be creative....

OP
OP
I

Ivanhoe

Reaction score
Hair dryer warmed it up nicely....froze again later lol ...cold snap has eased thankfully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019