How to Enable Daytime Running Lamp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2007 Tahoe PPV, with a list of disabled options. One of them is Pro Code T62, Daytime Running Lamp - Disabled.

Is there any one in the forum successfully enabling Daytime Running Lamp by reprogramming BCM, replacing BCM or working around?

Schwartzint1

Reaction score
I was told by my dealer that they are unable to do it. I have heard people say it can be done, but the dealership I checked with said absolutely not.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you could just flash a calibration from a different VIN to your BCM. I did this for a Canadian 2500HD that I imported. I flashed the instrument cluster with a calibration meant for a different part number. It worked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2007 Tahoe PPV, with a list of disabled options. One of them is Pro Code T62, Daytime Running Lamp - Disabled.

Is there any one in the forum successfully enabling Daytime Running Lamp by reprogramming BCM, replacing BCM or working around?

Isn't that maybe just a switch 'thing', instead of a BCM thing? Mine are always on (2013 SSV), but the knob is kinda weird, when you turn it all the way counter clockwise, to 'off', it goes back by itself to the first position, running lights (so the running lights are always on, not the head lights)

Ron

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s BCM controlled.

DRL’s save countless lives everyday. Akin to seatbelts. In concert with all the other safety crap, probably 100,000’s of less maimed and/or dead people around.

I live in a remote area and the DRL’s make a huge difference for go/no-go decision making when passing on long stretches. Biggest impact is st dusk when many drivers refuse to activate headlights. I’ve seen some very bad wrecks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s BCM controlled.

DRL’s save countless lives everyday. Akin to seatbelts. In concert with all the other safety crap, probably 100,000’s of less maimed and/or dead people around.

I live in a remote area and the DRL’s make a huge difference for go/no-go decision making when passing on long stretches. Biggest impact is st dusk when many drivers refuse to activate headlights. I’ve seen some very bad wrecks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

didn't know that, I noticed the strange behavior of the switch I have (can't turn to off, it's springloaded and always has the running lights on.)

Yeah we have the same problem here, in some areas/roads here, gets scary sometimes.

Ron

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score

Good point, While GM came out with DRL's in 1996 over twenty years later, most manufacturers haven't adopted it. I have gotten so used to seeing lights when I'm pulling out into traffic , Sometimes I go oh shit I didn't see that one, and for some reason a black jeep seems to be the most common unseen vehicle. I don't know why they were not mandated by the Govt like third brake light's (1986) and side marker lights (1968) , and now back up cameras.

Reaction score
I remember when I worked for Southwestern Bell in the late '80s-early '90s all their vehicles always had their headlights on. They even had stickers on the vehicles that said "my headlights are on for safety" because other drivers would honk or flash their lights to try to let them know that they had their headlights on.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal