How many miles does your vehicle have on it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
08 Denali with 108XXX miles. I had the transmission go out (litterally disintigrated) at 48k miles (replaced under warranty) had the heads go bad at 70k miles and also replaced under warranty (lifters failed). It has no oil consumption, but I've recently had both axle seals replaced as both were leaking, just had the rear axle bearings replaced, and on my second set of brakes since purchasing the vehicle in 2011 with 39k miles on it. Had the 100k mile service performed with new plugs, wires, TB cleaning and adjustment, and a/c system was recharged.

Joe

Graystone_OG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
07 Tahoe LTZ here with 88k. Only maintenance done and the usual engine mount, ball joints, etc

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

MSGKUNERT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
07 Denali XL, just hit 212,000. Have replaced air-ride all the way around with Arnott passive front and rear shocks, new compressor unit and lines,
New brakes at around 200,000.
Any ideas how to find out if transmission or engine have been replaced during her lifetime?

OP
OP
Wulfaz

Wulfaz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
07 Denali XL, just hit 212,000. Have replaced air-ride all the way around with Arnott passive front and rear shocks, new compressor unit and lines,
New brakes at around 200,000.
Any ideas how to find out if transmission or engine have been replaced during her lifetime?
How are the passive shocks? I have been debating doing the same thing. My autoride has been the biggest headache the past 4 months.

MSGKUNERT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I fought the urge to go super-cheap when I replaced it as I wanted to get as close to the factory ride as possible (without dropping a grand on OEM) so I opted for the passive shocks which still air up with the compressor. I paired this up with a cheap set of Airlift helper bags from Amazon for around $80 that are amazing. These are mainly used at full psi when hauling heavy loads so I don't blow out the air shocks but keeping a little bit of air in them at all times definitely helps with the ride quality.
Looking back I probably would have saved a little more and purchased the actual OEM replacements for the front but mine have over 1.5 years and 25K on them with no problems.

OP
OP
Wulfaz

Wulfaz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I fought the urge to go super-cheap when I replaced it as I wanted to get as close to the factory ride as possible (without dropping a grand on OEM) so I opted for the passive shocks which still air up with the compressor. I paired this up with a cheap set of Airlift helper bags from Amazon for around $80 that are amazing. These are mainly used at full psi when hauling heavy loads so I don't blow out the air shocks but keeping a little bit of air in them at all times definitely helps with the ride quality.
Looking back I probably would have saved a little more and purchased the actual OEM replacements for the front but mine have over 1.5 years and 25K on them with no problems.
The main issue with mine is stopping the air leaks. So I am leaning more towards converting the system to coil with Arnotts conversion kit. For now the ride quality isnt bad so I will probably wait till it gets bad then convert the system.

Jaylat93

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
163k on my '08 yukon set 5.3, mostly regular maintenance and she does consume some oil between changes. but runs great so far

jodster1073

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
133K on my 08 Suburban with 5.3. I've owned it since 103K. All original that I know of. I've done nothing but general Maintenance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98