How many miles does your vehicle have on it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
08 Lade 81k. Runs great only issue was battery problems. Now I have dual batteries n no more headaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2002 GMC Yukon LTE
356,413 miles (original engine and original fuel pump - it was just recently replaced). As the second owner, I purchased it in Jan 05' w/ 65k miles.
Tranny has approx 250,000 - I had the stealership replace the tyranny filter before a long trip (being young and dumb I failed to ensure they used the same fluid - lost 2nd gear on the way home w/ 10hrs to go)

A lot of work has been done to her over the the years, but 90% of it was done with my hands. Take care of them and they will take care of you...the 5.3 is one hell of an engine. My biggest recommendation would be what my grandpa (former GM design/test engineer retired after 50 years) told me - most of GM's engines were designed to run Mobil 1 5W30 full synthetic motor oil. Stick with it and a good filter (I've only ever used Mobil 1 oil and oil filters), being sure to change it approx every 3k miles. I also did fuel filter replacements every 4th oil change, which could be why the fuel pump was original even after 350k.

I know my way around the 4.3, 5.3 and 6.2l GM engines/suspension systems pretty well. If anyone has questions feel free to PM me.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
almost 185k on mine and going strong. Will have it for at least another 100k and probably longer.

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm liking some of these mileages. Gives me hope that I'll get 13 plus years out of this Chevy also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberv96