How many have these hidden rear door handle disablers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
1B4531D5-BDFF-4D9B-8498-3C51395C8F54.jpeg Curious to know how common these are, I haven’t seen them mentioned. Found these yesterday while working to remove the mounting brackets for the prisoner cage from the B and C pillars.

If you pull on the knob it disables the rear exterior door handles. The interior is of course completely disabled as per usual cop car.

I presume it’s so they can leave the front doors unlocked but prevent any detainees being released by a sympathetic associate on the outside.

Aaron693

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 13 had a similar but far more rudimentary design. There was a "home built" cable coming out at same side of the door but at top hinge. Hooked to lock mechanism, power lock to lock all, pull cable to unlock that one door. I removed it all when I put door panels and new lock rods in. There is some obvious savagery that goes into this trucks to make them prisoner transport worthy lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas