How hard does this look to repair?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the idea to get another vehicle to use exclusively for Uber and found this at the auction. have not seen it in person but it runs and drives, and looks like it just needs a rear deck, bumper and taillight to fix. what do you guys think?

Attachments

• backleft.jpg
    backleft.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 12
  • backright.jpg
    backright.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 11
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 12
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 11

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the idea to get another vehicle to use exclusively for Uber and found this at the auction. have not seen it in person but it runs and drives, and looks like it just needs a rear deck, bumper and taillight to fix. what do you guys think?
Well at least that and matching wheels and probably new tires and sensors and whatever else a 10+ year old truck needs, plus all the fluids, etc. $6-7K in repairs and maintenance. Is it worth doing the work plus whatever they want for it? What year is it? Uber has or had a cut off of 14 or 15 year old vehicles no matter what condition they were in.

OP
OP
madmanjustice

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well at least that and matching wheels and probably new tires and sensors and whatever else a 10+ year old truck needs, plus all the fluids, etc. $6-7K in repairs and maintenance. Is it worth doing the work plus whatever they want for it? What year is it? Uber has or had a cut off of 14 or 15 year old vehicles no matter what condition they were in.
its a 2010 with a $3950 buy it now

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it needs the rear hatch, bumper, bumper cover, tail light. and possibly some frame straightening on the left rear corner
photos are not great could be additional damage, you may also need the hatch actuator and wiper motor, some wire harness, backup sensors, inside rear hatch trim.
airbag deployment?
looks fixable, shouldn't cost a lot if you do it yourself and just have the paint work done unless you can paint as well.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it has a 5.3, not sure of the miles

If it has good bones I think it would be worth it. What do you think? It will 12, that means Uber will only accept it for regular service for 2-3 years. They will not accept it for premium services due to its age. I ran into this with mine a few years ago.

OP
OP
madmanjustice

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it needs the rear hatch, bumper, bumper cover, tail light. and possibly some frame straightening on the left rear corner
photos are not great could be additional damage, you may also need the hatch actuator and wiper motor, some wire harness, backup sensors, inside rear hatch trim.
airbag deployment?
looks fixable, shouldn't cost a lot if you do it yourself and just have the paint work done unless you can paint as well.
I would hope to be able to pickup a complete rear hatch from a salvage yard, bumper and maybe tail light as well. Wheels possibly but there are lots of used wheels available for not horrible prices.

OP
OP
madmanjustice

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it has good bones I think it would be worth it. What do you think? It will 12, that means Uber will only accept it for regular service for 2-3 years. They will not accept it for premium services due to its age. I ran into this with mine a few years ago.
I mainly drive UberXL and LyftXL

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would hope to be able to pickup a complete rear hatch from a salvage yard, bumper and maybe tail light as well. Wheels possibly but there are lots of used wheels available for not horrible prices.

That looks like the bulk of it. But, there's definitely some buckling in the left rear quarter. Still could be an easy and cheap fix, though.

If the mechanicals are sound and the interior is really nice, it might be a decent deal.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts