How hard does this look to repair?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xsbank

Reaction score
I have had the idea to get another vehicle to use exclusively for Uber and found this at the auction. have not seen it in person but it runs and drives, and looks like it just needs a rear deck, bumper and taillight to fix. what do you guys think?
Barge pole, as in, “wouldn’t touch it with a…”
Running a vehicle like that, after months of work to make it work, as a taxi?It’s the wrong vehicle for Uber, IMHO. Besides, it’s all money out. How long will you have to drive it to break even?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Running a vehicle like that, after months of work to make it work, as a taxi?It’s the wrong vehicle for Uber, IMHO. Besides, it’s all money out. How long will you have to drive it to break even?
lol, a lot less than buying another vehicle for even more.... especially if you can do the work yourself that is all money proudly saved.

OP
OP
madmanjustice

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i make 30k a year driving Uber part time. I'm looking for something I can pickup that's paid for so I don't have to put all the miles on my Tahoe. although I am probably going to pass on this Sub because I am seeing extra body damage in the photos I did not see before.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
i make 30k a year driving Uber part time. I'm looking for something I can pickup that's paid for so I don't have to put all the miles on my Tahoe. although I am probably going to pass on this Sub because I am seeing extra body damage in the photos I did not see before.
I’m genuinely curious about that industry (intellectual curiosity, I don’t want to drive for them). Is that gross, or net, and how many miles does that equate to?

I’ve heard someone else comment that making positive cash flow with them depended on being choosy about when and where you make yourself available.

RET423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They want too much on the buy it now, you should also check with Uber & Lyft about trying to use a vehicle with a Salvage Title; in Kalifornia they don't allow anything with a branded title.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i watched the auction. it ended up selling for $3100

FYI - as far as I know, Uber requires vehicles to be no older than 10 years. I actually did drive for Uber for a while when they first arrived in Michigan, around 2016-2017. But as soon as my truck turned 10, they wouldn't renew me.

OP
OP
madmanjustice

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI - as far as I know, Uber requires vehicles to be no older than 10 years. I actually did drive for Uber for a while when they first arrived in Michigan, around 2016-2017. But as soon as my truck turned 10, they wouldn't renew me.
In my area, its 15 years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019