How do you remove the running boards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody here removed thier running boards yet? I've thought about removing mine but wanted to see some pictures first and see how much work is involved.

Thanks,
DwDrummer

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Why would you, I didn't have mine on for 2 days (becuse of an install I was doing) and its looked weird and ugly!

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you, I didn't have mine on for 2 days (becuse of an install I was doing) and its looked weird and ugly!

Just wanted to see what it would look like!:Handshake:

007fl

Reaction score
On my '03 Yukon it was only like 3 bolts on each side. I replaced mine with Nerf bars. Think I'll stick with stock boards on the Denali.

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
Has anybody here removed thier running boards yet? I've thought about removing mine but wanted to see some pictures first and see how much work is involved.

Thanks,
DwDrummer
I took them off the '02 and they were only bolted on.

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dug this thread back up? Anybody have any pictures of their Tahoe without the running boards?:D Still kicking the idea on taking mine off.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Derek -- I don't have a pic, but will you take my word for it that it looks like crap?! LOL

I've never taken mine off, but I think these trucks look terrible without the running boards. That's not to say that they don't look great with the RETRACTABLE ones (they do) -- it's just that the truck needs SOMETHING filling that space there.

Don't do it (unless you have some retractable ones, or a custom rocker panel to install)!

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bah.......HATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) My ultimate favorite NNBS without boards is InTruckDesign's....bad f'n ass.

I think the leveled/lifted NNBS Tahoes/Yuks look good without the boards, but when you run big wheels/low pros and a lowered suspension, it's probably going to look goofy without the boards.

Anyway, it's super friggin simple to take the boards off as long as you have a metric set of sockets. If memory serves me right, I believe there are approximately five brackets with two bolts each on each side that have to be removed. Takes about 5-10 minutes....and it's a simple reinstall if you don't like it.

IMG_1775.gif

2.5"/1" CCM leveling kit and the stock 18" Z71 wheels and stock sized Bridgestone Duelers. I believe they're 31.5" diameter. I'm putting Police Tahoe wheels on it and 33s when the weather fuggin warms up....

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
25 bucks at the custom shop. i was gonna do it myself until i got under there and saw the caked on dirt from riding dirt roads and the cramped places and was like.. nahhh F that haha

OP
OP
DwDrummer

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might just take one side off to see how it looks!:D I agree Kirk alot of Tahoe with the running boards taken off look retarded but some look really good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOC1583