How do I keep the seat/pedals/wheel in the same position...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffjcalweb

Reaction score
Hi - day two, still learning. One thing that is driving me nuts though is every time the truck is turned off and back on, the driver seat, pedals and wheel have all gone back to default. I did program them and save as one of the memory settings but I have to hit the button *every single time* which is becoming annoying.

So what did I do or need to do to simply keep everything exactly as I have them when I turn the dang thing off!? :)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is a setting in the DIC to save #1 or #2 as a default or atleast I think there is

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 05 came with that dumb setting on, figured out how to turn it off right after i figured out how to reprogram the door locks. most annoying thing dealt with in order of annoyance lol then i had to figure out how to turn off the dumb mirror dimming BS. wish there was way to just turn it off 100%. be nice if you had to turn it on if you wanted it on. same with the fog lights, they should also just turn on with the head lights.

all of this is in the owners manual, and people think im nuts for reading them lol you learn all the stuff your car/truck can do, other wise you'd really have no clue most of it exists.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 05 came with that dumb setting on, figured out how to turn it off right after i figured out how to reprogram the door locks. most annoying thing dealt with in order of annoyance lol then i had to figure out how to turn off the dumb mirror dimming BS. wish there was way to just turn it off 100%. be nice if you had to turn it on if you wanted it on. same with the fog lights, they should also just turn on with the head lights.

all of this is in the owners manual, and people think im nuts for reading them lol you learn all the stuff your car/truck can do, other wise you'd really have no clue most of it exists.
Why would you want autodimming mirrors turned off?!

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cant say i like it. makes it hard to see traffic in the lane next to me. pass side is clear, the difference really bothers me.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just turn off in dic, only affects pedals, seat, mirror postion, not auto dimming or anything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n