How do I keep lights off when I start up ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blondie70

Reaction score
Howdy....I want to keep the lights off when I drive in the daytime. I have the fuse pulled on the DRL. I went to DIC and turned off entry and exit lighting. BUT....the dang lights still come on when I start.
The rotary control knob for lighting will not stay in the OFF position as it defaults to "auto".
I turn them off with the knob, but would like them to be completely manually controlled......
Thanks for any advice on this
Pete

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe someone has disassembled and modified the headlight dial to stay in the 'off' position. Try holding it in the off position on startup to see if it would work.?

The BTDieselworks autosync with BCM programming option can do it. It does LOTS of other things as well, which is why it is the pricier option.
WIth it programmed, the 'Auto' position does nothing, and turning the knob 'Off' actually re-enables the autolight function!
(So I have disconnected the 'off' wire to prevent accidentally enabling the autolights.)

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe someone has disassembled and modified the headlight dial to stay in the 'off' position. Try holding it in the off position on startup to see if it would work.?

The BTDieselworks autosync with BCM programming option can do it. It does LOTS of other things as well, which is why it is the pricier option.
WIth it programmed, the 'Auto' position does nothing, and turning the knob 'Off' actually re-enables the autolight function!
(So I have disconnected the 'off' wire to prevent accidentally enabling the autolights.)

It's spring actuated and all you need is to remove the spring for this function to work as intended. From what I've seen on youtube is there is no detent in the off position and needs to be creatively created.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia