How do I install speakers?!?!?!?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

koretex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I've used search on here and Google.

I have an '06 Yukon XL Denali

I bought the JBL GTO 628's that everyone raves about on here.

I also bought the Metra 82-3002 and Scosche SAC656 adapters that Amazon, Crutchfield, and the manufactures all said are the correct adapters for my vehicle.

The adapters do NOT mount up with the stock adapters or even mount up to the holes in the doors.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated...I'm growing more grey by the minute!

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best way... make your own adapters from hdpe or mdf from the stock shape and cut the coerect hole in them.

Easiest way... take the stock speaker, take the speaker off the bracket and mount your speaker to the bracket...

OP
OP
K

koretex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Best way... make your own adapters from hdpe or mdf from the stock shape and cut the coerect hole in them.

Easiest way... take the stock speaker, take the speaker off the bracket and mount your speaker to the bracket...

The new speakers don't even come close to fitting in the stock brackets though. I'm assuming you mean to cut the bracket up to fit?

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new speakers don't even come close to fitting in the stock brackets though. I'm assuming you mean to cut the bracket up to fit?

I haven't ran into that, they are usually close to fitting.

I put those same speakers in my uncles truck, 03 single cab but with hand crank windows so the door panels are a little different... but I believe the brackets were the same

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gmsteve-1