Problem going backwards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Coolman1987us for the win!

Nice net diagnosis, man.

Ok guys thank you for all your help.
So here’s what I found the drivers brake caliber bracket has two bolts holding it on, the bottom one had fell out causing the caliber to rock in drive it was good but in reverse it was getting wedged against the rotor causing it to stop the vehicle
Glad you found it, hope no damage was sustained to anything...did you do or have any recent brake work done?

It's a bit disconcerting that those bolts can come out on their on, looks like another item to check/retorque periodically...

Bill Barnes

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Yukon XL SLT I bought new. It has done that since day one. When I back out of the garage, it moves about 5 feet, then feels as if I'm applying the brakes. If I pull forward a foot or two, then back up again, it's fine. It only does this when I first drive the car after it's been sitting lone enough for the brakes and wheels to be cold. I now have 252K miles, and I am on my third set of brakes with new rotors each time.
It still does exactly the same thing it did when new.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Could you imagine if someone just continued to accelerate with the brake components falling off on in there? I wonder what would let go first?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRSB16

Latest posts