How can I get OEM headlight assembly for cheaper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy replacement sets on both Amazon and eBay. I’ve bought three sets from eBay and they’ve been great. Two sets for my 17 year-old Suburban over the years and one for my motorhome that happens to use that exact lighting.

I personally would not waste my time trying to restore the headlight lenses as it never lasts, certainly not nearly as long as replacing them. You can buy the complete package of headlights and marker / turn signals. About $100 will get you OEM-looking lights. (Current seller on eBay as a compete set plus fog lights for $122.) I think I had to buy the fog / driving lights separately. Super easy to change them out and keep in mind you will need to adjust the headlights once replaced.
I agree with this. As a detailer, I polish tons of GM headlights. And for some reason GM headlights are a major pain in the butt to polish. Not sure what they have on them from the factory but polishing them just sucks. And then they always go back to yellow, even after sealing them. I have a client with a 2005 Escalade esv, and I keep telling her, “I can polish headlights every 6 months and keep charging you for it, or you can get a new set off eBay or Amazon that won’t go yellow every 6 months.” And her 2005 is super easy to swap headlights on. I even offered to do the swap for her if she picked them up, since I know how to do it. But she just keeps having me sand and polish them every 6 months. Lol.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the eagle eyes brand are a pretty good oem replacement, careful with buying some of the aftermarket stuff some of it is straight garbage, I would go with others have recommended, like depo is ok but I think eagle eyes has slightly better quality, just my opinion

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've got nothing to lose by polishing them yourself. You don't even need a kit, just get a variety of sandpaper, then some polishing compound, and then if you like, some kind of clear coat. If you're "cheap", repolish every few months so you don't have such a big job to do.

I polished the lenses on my '92 Grand Marquis and didn't have to go to the absolute coarsest sandpaper on a sander. But I don't know what the GM lenses would be like, you might have to start off more aggressive. But keep in mind, the more aggressive you start with, the more sanding you have to do after. I'd start with a medium grit first and see how that works.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your conversation box. I have a set of OEM head lights for sale in excellent shape.

OP
OP
texas1

texas1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies. I ended up getting the TYC headlights from RockAuto.com. Looking forward to seeing the road again at night!

Image:
upload_2021-1-5_14-47-17.png

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a client with a 2005 Escalade esv, and I keep telling her, “I can polish headlights every 6 months and keep charging you for it, or you can get a new set off eBay or Amazon that won’t go yellow every 6 months.” And her 2005 is super easy to swap headlights on. I even offered to do the swap for her if she picked them up, since I know how to do it. But she just keeps having me sand and polish them every 6 months. Lol.

Dang Chase! You don't know why? I figured it out in 2 seconds... LOL

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
2002 inquiry in 2021 forum. Helpful crowd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n