How can i fox/replace my 2007 Denali driver side rear (long) window?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbluemke

Reaction score
Someone a-hole decided to throw sonething through my long rear window on my driver's side (haven't figured out what yet). What are my options to replace this and about how much is this going to cost (gulp) It's tinted as well, but I guess I will worry about that later. :(

Please help. Thank you

Attachments

• 0525221623.jpg
    0525221623.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 6

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to an auto glass shop unless you’re experienced in urethane glass installation. It’s not easy like old school rigs. It’s installed the same way as your windshield, glued in with structural urethane.

OP
OP
J

jbluemke

Reaction score
Would Safelite be able to do it ?? Or do you recommend a local shop? (Pricewise etc)

And I'm guessing with a $500 deductible, it is better to pay for it out of pocket??? I live in florida but I believe they only cover a windshield crack per year (I'm not sure about THIS damage).

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would Safelite be able to do it ?? Or do you recommend a local shop? (Pricewise etc)

And I'm guessing with a $500 deductible, it is better to pay for it out of pocket??? I live in florida but I believe they only cover a windshield crack per year (I'm not sure about THIS damage).
It’s not like a windshield in the respect that there’s no sensors or anything that need to be recalibrated so any local auto glass shop should be fine, Safelite or others. Safelite is more expensive around here, I use small shops and get a better price. As far as insurance, I have no idea what the cost is so I would call a few shops or even look online, some places let you get a quote that way. Get 2-3 quotes and then decide if it’s worth filing a claim.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They’re like 150-200 online. So it shouldn’t be more than 500

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They’re like 150-200 online. So it shouldn’t be more than 500
I just did a Safelite online quote and in my zip code it came to $385.64 installed. So probably under a $500 deductible, you’re correct.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the quote for mine here nyc it was $437

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
From what I understand they are glued in place. I have actually been thinking about replacing mine with an aluminum plate so I can put gear storage on it.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I understand they are glued in place. I have actually been thinking about replacing mine with an aluminum plate so I can put gear storage on it.
Yes it’s a urethane (glue) installation which makes it a structural part of the body, just like the windshield. There are specific methods for a urethane set depending on if you remove all the old urethane all the way to the pinch weld or not. You can YouTube it I’m sure if you’re curious as to how it’s done. I did auto glass back in the day, I’ve done quite a few but the shop had all the tools needed. If you want to do it yourself it’s not extremely hard, but it needs to be done right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14