Hot Garbage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Wizard Smokey

Wizard Smokey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's a christmas miracle!

20221231_131931.jpg

Okay, maybe it's not that big of a deal, but I'm excited. Found a guy locally that had an LQ4 long block taking up space in his shop. He even delivered, for the low low cost of lunch. (Thanks Pete, you're a hero.)

First, we're gonna get the new unit all cleaned up and probably paint the block, just for laughs. Pull the pistons and get the ring gap set more properly for nitrous, so we can hopefully avoid nuking this one, too. Then we have to finish getting the old motor yanked out, and transfer over what bits need to come with. Then we can just stab the new one in. We're gonna stick with the stock ECU for now and tune it for the nitrous. We're also going to shop around and see what aftermarket radiator options there are, and we're definitely going to get an electric fan.

Hopefully we can have this engine ready to go back in within the next two weeks or so, depending on parts shipping and etc.

OP
OP
Wizard Smokey

Wizard Smokey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Realized i had forgotten all about this thread/forum lol.

Long story short, blew up two transmissions on the dyno (though we think the second might have been bad before i got it). Truck still hasn't done any big proper burnouts, but put down about 350hp at the wheels. Waiting on a TH400 now. Decided to ditch the nitrous for now, might put it back on in the future.

Repainted the truck! (Priorities).

20230410_162021_1.jpg
20230410_162122_1.jpg

Same shit as last time, house exterior paint from Lowe's and a cheap electric spray gun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu