Horrible gas mileage, humming 4x4, and no ABS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

johnjk07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll post a video of it, you can see the bind as the car turns. Does it on snow too...

OP
OP
J

johnjk07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I bought it along with the plenum gasket kit and a distributor cap.

A more mechanically inclined friend of mine thought that I'd have to replace the intake too, given the way the new MFI system interfaces. But my understanding from posts on these forums, all I need is the Delphi Fuel Injector, and I might as well replace the gasket while I'm there.

Is that right?

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Also, if I open mine up and it looks like this photo, what should I use to clean up all that build-up?

IMG-20120303-00028.jpg

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
well if it has the old ortiginal lower manifold gaskets on it which in that picture is very likely. i would change those and while it is off send it to a machine shop to have the entire unit cleaned up and redone to look like below. should cost maybe $30

IMAG0087_zps5ddf8b78.gif

OP
OP
J

johnjk07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I may have found my problem.

Drove the Yukon to work, sounded fine. Started it to go to lunch real quick. Got to taco bell, I could hear a rattling sound. Pulled out to traffic, when it hit second gear it slipped really bad.

I've never noticed it slip, but this was pretty bad. It may have been slipping the whole time?

Going to check fluid when I'm off work.

Bleh....:gr_guns:

OP
OP
J

johnjk07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So looks like I need a tranny rebuild. Have a very good local guy. $1600 for new clutches, electronics, sunshell and bands. New torque converter too, and tcase seals and flush. 350k warranty too.

Given the fluid was 2x the level it should be, I can only imagine that was the source of my economy problems.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
1600 for a rebuild with electronics, frictions, hard parts, new torque converter and cleaning and 350k warranty. sorry but i have to call :bs: on this one.

OP
OP
J

johnjk07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We'll see. I've had the guy work on my stuff before, he does a good job.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
My trans guy did a full rebuild on mine for 1200... But if you hot tank the intake itl get clean like sun said

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar