Hood swap question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, but is the hood the same across the Yukons and Denalis? I know the Tahoe and Suburban hoods are different.

Also, any tips and tricks to doing a swap? I found a nice looking one at the junkyard and I’m going to try and go today to get it and swap in the parking lot.

OP
OP
slypher25aussie

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are the same. Easy to do. Just unbolt the old one bolt the new one on. Easier with 2 people. I did mine myself, used a pole to hold it up in the front until I got the bolts started.
Yeah mine is getting to about the same level as yours. Unfortunately the one I had my eye on at the junkyard turned out to be the wrong paint code. Weighing my options of spraying it myself with rattle cans or taking it to Maaco and getting my roof done too at the same time.

Dalt10

Reaction score
I thought about painting my hood but don't have the place to do it. I am going to rattle can my roof black soon.

Dalt10

Reaction score
Yea I have the equipment. My back ground is in the paint field before I retired. We just moved into a neighborhood from a 200 acre place. Probably get back out there in the next month or so and might do it there.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was a kid, my dad and I sprayed our Model A Ford in the garage with lacquer and a Sears 20 gallon compressor.

Humidity was one issue. Bugs landing on wet paint was also a hassle. Moths and gnats knew exactly when to land! I buffed a bunch of wings off the top coat before we could get t full polish done.

Dalt10

Reaction score
I painted my sons Camaro in the back yard about 8 or 9 years ago when I lived in FL. Did get a little trash and bugs in it. Still looks good from 20 ft. Put a LS with a cam and T56 in it a couple of years ago. b 013.JPGIMG_1374.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal