Homelink

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my Home link I had position one programmed for my main garage door and position two for my barn garage door. I changed the opener transmitter in position ones opener and now I can’t get position one on the Home link in the vehicle to accept any new programming.
Is there a way to clear out position one only and reprogram it? Without losing the programming in position two? or does the whole three button system need to be cleared to reprogram position one only?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is from the Homelink website - I believe their standards are set and not reprogrammed in any way by GM, so the instructions here apply to GM, Ford, Toyota, Honda, etc. etc.

Reprogramming a Single HomeLink Button:

When the following procedure is performed, buttons which already have devices registered to them can be overwritten without clearing other programmed buttons.

• Press and hold the desired HomeLink button.
  • Continue holding the HomeLink button for about 20 seconds, and the HomeLink indicator light will start slowly flashing. While continuing to hold the HomeLink button, position the garage door remote 5-30cm below the HomeLink buttons and press and hold the garage door remote until the HomeLink indicator light changes from slowly flashing to solid or rapidly flashing. This change indicates the frequency signal has been learned.
  • Press and hold the programmed HomeLink button and observe the indicator light.
  • If the indicator light is solid, programming is complete, and your device should activate when the HomeLink button is pressed and released.
  • If the indicator light blinks rapidly, proceed with “Rolling Code Training.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo