Home built 4L60E beast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a mild build on a 4l60e all stock everything except jet billet 1-2 and 3-4 servos and cover. Transgo hd2 kit with the "street strip" selection for the separator plate holes and accumulator springs.
Vortec 4300 in a 96 s-blazer with minor work to it. Nothing special, literally dynoed like 170/230 to the wheels. Was real spunky for having a 3.42 gear.
The problem was when the heavy swampers went on and they gripped the mud pit a whole world better than the all terrains. Violent bang and all neutrals. And it gets better. The engine wouldn't start after I shut it off...1210092032a.jpg 1210092032a.jpg took the center out of the flexplate at the same time.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks :/

Did you keep the stock flexplate? I was wondering if I need to update that too.

Did the bushings get replaced in your transmission when you built it?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

BentleyArnage

Reaction score
1. You said check balls! :gayfight:

2. Give me your address and I'll send you tracking info when my trans is on its way!
I did say check balls!
My address is:
Bentley Harden
SMR
12785 State Hwy 9
Clearlake Wa 98235
206 734-2707
Building 2 of my own right now. I love this trans. The trans doesn't care about your reprogramming, thankfully. Proper pressures and clearances, as well as a bulletproof cooler will make these live. I have a rebuilder who does amazing converters.

Get a low pressure drop cooler, one with it's own fan would be great. Get the cooler flow out of the radiator. Lots of reasons there. Put a temp gauge in both lines of the cooler, close to the trans. Tells you everything you need to know about temps. If you're really finicky like I am, get a pressure gauge for the line pressure. That's the biggest part of diagnosis when there's a problem. Few shops will use them.

You'll like how this thing shifts when I'm done. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne