holy of holiest grail (split bench front seat)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stonehenge

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed, but here we go again.

The legendary split bench front seat.

When I sat down with the dealership back in 98' and ordered from the factory 2 door, I said yes to every option, and got it loaded.

Was told no rear ac, duh. No heated seats or mirrors, found out later it was done on some, not sure if by factory or ???

And no sunroofs on 2 doors, bummer, love the sunroofs.

Anyways, I found out about these seats many years later and have been on a quest to locate one.

Anyone have one on there 2 door? If so how do they slide forward to gain access to the rear seat etc? Pics?

tahoe bench.jpg

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are two on ebay right now that I came across. They aren't cheap and both would need to be reupholstered. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
stonehenge

stonehenge

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not 100% sure if the truck & 4 door tahoe split benchs are the same as the 2 door in regards the the passenger side entry method, etc.

Was hoping a 2 door owner could chim in on this matter.

thx for all the posts thus far, been helpful

Mapearso

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had one on a 88 2dr 2wd... I had no idea it was a rare option.... i recall it was very comfortable.... i dont recall that it was any easier to get into the back seat than the buckets

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
When I robbed interior out of a 98 at LKQ back in 2018, it had a split bench up front. The bolt pattern was completely different from the two buckets and I believe it was 2wd vs. 4wd and there was a difference with the size of the tunnel.

Ted B111

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed, but here we go again.

The legendary split bench front seat.

When I sat down with the dealership back in 98' and ordered from the factory 2 door, I said yes to every option, and got it loaded.

Was told no rear ac, duh. No heated seats or mirrors, found out later it was done on some, not sure if by factory or ???

And no sunroofs on 2 doors, bummer, love the sunroofs.

Anyways, I found out about these seats many years later and have been on a quest to locate one.

Anyone have one on there 2 door? If so how do they slide forward to gain access to the rear seat etc? Pics?

View attachment 390011
Have the exact same seats in my 97 2 door 4x4. Yes the split seats slide separately for back seat access. Very comfortable seats but spendy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission