High Pitch noise in rear speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boroblack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the forum, I have a 2007 Tahoe.

I have a high pitch frequency coming from my rear speakers. It is not a constant noise, but it is intermittent. It gets higher as I accelerate. I have read that this is a grounding issue. Heres the deal though- When I turn on the Rear entertainment console, the noise stops. I can also tap on the console when it is off, and the noise will sometimes go away. Does this mean the bad ground is coming from my console?

If it is my console, how do I go about taking it apart? Do I have to remove my entire center console? Thanks in advance!

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I heard this noise in our 2007 ESV before selling it...we thought it would be the alternator but after replacing it, it still happened. It only happened whenever I used the AUX input for my iPhone...other than that I never heard it.

As far as it being a bad console...I highly doubt it. We replaced the center console unit (with the A/C and radio controls) and the problem persisted.

SmallXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It most likely is a bad ground. The rear speaker are on a different harness, maybe it's coming from there. Could also be interference running parallel to the speaker lines or acc power to the rear entertainment.

cargod31

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll be interested in finding out what you find and how you fix this issue.

My 07 Tahoe w/Bose is doing the exact same thing and it will go away if I switch over to rear headphones and thus turn off the rear speakers.

Just seems to happen at random and then next time I drive it is gone

Last edited:

ChapRig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had the same issue. Dealer found that the rear comparment audio control was shot. Replaced it and the whine is gone. Part #15886277 on an '09 Tahoe.

algilson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had the same issue. Dealer found that the rear comparment audio control was shot. Replaced it and the whine is gone. Part #15886277 on an '09 Tahoe.

I hate to bump an old thread; but I think it's relevant. We have a 2008 Suburban LTZ, and we've had an annoying engine whine in the back right speaker for over a year. I've tried everything that I could find, from a new battery through to getting to the point of disconnecting the right rear speaker. I ordered part #15886277 and the problem went away. It's been over a week a no whine. Thank you!

- Al

Clack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For me it was what they said above, the audio control unit on the back of the console was shot. Think I replaced it for 80 on amazon and problem was solved.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This seems to be a common problem with GM radios with the rear controls. My 2005 Rainier did the same thing, now my 07 Tahoe is doing it too... All I have to do is lean on the console and it will stop or start... Sometimes not even that hard. Other times I just have to gently hit the console to get it to stop. I believe My Rainier had been replaced once before I had it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tozer