High mileage oil weight?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeremiahm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had this same issue a month ago, detailed part of it here: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/p0011-code-on-2007-yukon-6-2l.72668/post-1599999

I believe it is the "gunk" build up on the VVT part. I have driven 3000 miles since that post, with four 5 hour drives and have not seen the code and idle has been great. I am a big fan of the Rev-X oil additive. You can get it at most diesel repair places. It worked wonders in my ford diesels and it seems to have done the same in my Yukon. My opinion is its worth trying it for $32. You just need one bottle and since you just changed the oil you should be good. I only mention it because I have used it and seen good results. I like that it is just 2oz as well, in my non-engineering opinion it would have little effect on the oil overall.

Just my 2¢

Jeremiah

OP
OP
A

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about doing a quart of marvel oil. But I’m willing to try something new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84