HID with DRL on Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the relay kit, there will be ONE headlight with a factory connector/wire not hooked up.

I took an old bulb that fit the plug, and snapped off everything except the plug part of the light bulb. Then I used epoxy to hold a piece of plastic over the end of the connector to keep water away from the open end of the factory plug when I put it back on the original plug... does this make sense??

manzgator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, that makes perfect sense. In the multiple instruction lists I read I didn't see that little detail. One other question, would grounding 2 wires in the same spot create any issues? It seems that I had everything hooked up properly and the headlights didn't work. I also read something about switching the positive and negative as a potential solution...any thoughts on that?

I have the main part of the kit on the driver's side, does that make the most sense or does it matter?

lakaw

Reaction score
Yes, that makes perfect sense. In the multiple instruction lists I read I didn't see that little detail. One other question, would grounding 2 wires in the same spot create any issues? It seems that I had everything hooked up properly and the headlights didn't work. I also read something about switching the positive and negative as a potential solution...any thoughts on that?

I have the main part of the kit on the driver's side, does that make the most sense or does it matter?

If I remember correctly, the main part of the DDM harness was on the passenger side (same as the battery). Your harness must be different from mine cause I couldn't use a single ground point. My harness had a ground pigtail branching from each connector. So I used the ground points under each headlight ( left and right side).

plush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone got their front looking like this? I want to get rid of the amber bulbs on top. What to replace them with?

3.gif

002_0002.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts