Hid Wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking of jumping on the Hid Wagon. Problem is I get people flashing their high beams at me time to time. I see them adjusting thier rear views, some get mad get behind me and put their high beams on which I usually ignore I have limo or factory smoke fuckem! Then their are those who start to slow down and slam on their brakes! these stupid people piss me off! I'm still running the factory bulbs that came with the Tahoe. I don't know if it is how my truck sits that cause this. Yes it is mostly people with cars and no tint. Does anyone else have this issue? That is the only thing holding me back I don't need problems.

ActSwedish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have your headlights correctly adjusted? Maybe they sit a bit high and need to be turned down a little or something. Check that you light image is correct.

Regards

OP
OP
C

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stop tailgating and they probably wont get mad ant you.

ha! Really I'm not tailgating. I am when they start to slow down but, that's cuz they already are pissed at my lights.

Do you have your headlights correctly adjusted? Maybe they sit a bit high and need to be turned down a little or something. Check that you light image is correct.

Regards

See thats the thing I have never adjusted my lights. The lights are as they were from factory. I have not messed with the suspension either besides the 22" I do know most Tahoes have a slight front rake. Mine does not it sits pretty level. I sometimes think this maybe the reason.

ActSwedish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then that could prolly be it. In my country you have to go to a car inspection thingy once a year. They check all the vital points on the car, brakes, rust, lights and so on, so its road legal and safe. And one thing they check is the light image. Wich often has been wrong for me. Takes about 5min to fix but does a world of diffrence.

Regards TJ

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
adjusted down a tad, best I could and still be fine, but since my truck is lowered, been flashed twice in about 9 months.

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
Yea just adjust them down man, it will help alot. Will put out a nice pattern on the road to. I have had my HID in cheap ebay housings for about two months now and never got flashed. Even if it does bother someone, im not going to lose sleep over it.

Pm me for the link for HID kits for $42 Cobra. Ill hook you up if you would like.

fatnlowtahoe504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea they are probably aimed high, but HIDs are one of the best things ive done to my truck, i love them. if you think about it most newer cars have bright looking headlights if your looking right at them at night if you dont have tint, its mainly the people in cars that get mad cus there lower to the ground and it points right at them. but i live my HIDs and purposely raised mine up so i can see better and i think its funny when people keep flashing the high beams at me...but thats just me, im a A hole

gtbigup01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea just adjust them down man, it will help alot. Will put out a nice pattern on the road to. I have had my HID in cheap ebay housings for about two months now and never got flashed. Even if it does bother someone, im not going to lose sleep over it.

Pm me for the link for HID kits for $42 Cobra. Ill hook you up if you would like.

+1 on that. Good looking out, i findmyself standing in front of my trk just t look at the HIDs. This was my first vehicle in 7 years without HID. I will be hooking the fogs up pretty soon

OP
OP
C

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but i live my HIDs and purposely raised mine up so i can see better and i think its funny when people keep flashing the high beams at me...but thats just me, im a A hole

ha! yeah I really do have a good line of site with factory bulbs in the position they are in. Sometimes when people get mad I light them up with all 4 and really piss them off.
It's just I am not looking for trouble and some people always starting shit. I don't need that. I guess if I decide to go that route I will have to lower them a bit.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ynamot