HID to LED conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joe_joe

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals.

I am looking to ditch the HIDs I currently have on my '15 LTZ Suburban.

Is it possible to change them to LEDs like newer Chevy's and other vehicles?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! :waytogo:

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
may i ask why ?

the HOD is a superior light for output and range. maybe look to upgrade the bulb.

my 17 had projectors with standard bulbs...i did upgrade to LED for the sake of ease, but would prefer the HID

Greg Kulbick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have factory projectors that came with halogen bulbs and switched to LEDs. That lasted about a month before I went to HIDs. Just find better bulbs.

OP
OP
J

joe_joe

Reaction score
I kept the HID's just put better bulbs in the lows, put VLED micro extreme LED bulbs in the highs. They make a replacement for the HID bulb to LED, have not tried yet
Would you happen to have the link to what you ended up going with?

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 2019 tahoe came with HID, I upgraded the stock HID to Osram night breaker laser xenarc, replaced the halogen high beams with VLED LED MicroExtreme and the fogs with Stark Phantom psx26w bulbs, could not be more pleased, like daytime at night

OP
OP
J

joe_joe

Reaction score
my 2019 tahoe came with HID, I upgraded the stock HID to Osram night breaker laser xenarc, replaced the halogen high beams with VLED LED MicroExtreme and the fogs with Stark Phantom psx26w bulbs, could not be more pleased, like daytime at night
I will look those up. I appreciate the info sir.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I upgraded the D3S HID bulbs in my '15 Yukon Denali XL to Osram CBI bulbs.

There's a pic in this thread, post #25 with the Osram CBI bulb in the drivers side compared to the OEM D3S Osram bulb in the passenger side:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt