2017 Yukon Denali Head Lights are terrible

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Instead of doing a total projector replacement so I could go LED, I'm thinking that it might be easier to just replace what I have with a better bulb. Hopefully with some improvement from factory. I believe I have halogen bulbs (2018 Yukon Denali) but don't know exactly what I have and can find no reference to it in the owners manual. Can someone tell me? Are there better and stronger halogen bulbs that would be a direct replacement, and if so, what are they?

If you have a Yukon Denali, then you have factory HID low beams and halogen high beams. The low beams are a 4300K temp Osram or Phillips D3S bulb. I replaced mine with Osram 66340 CBI D3S bulbs. They’re approx a 5500K color temp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jpcortese

Reaction score
If you have a Yukon Denali, then you have factory HID low beams and halogen high beams. The low beams are a 4300K temp Osram or Phillips D3S bulb. I replaced mine with Osram 66340 CBI D3S bulbs. They’re approx a 5500K color temp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. Do you find them brighter than the stock HID's? Are you happy with them? If so I'll check out the Osram website and order some.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Do you find them brighter than the stock HID's? Are you happy with them? If so I'll check out the Osram website and order some.

Yes, they appear brighter to me. Considering the projector as the limited factor, I’ve been happy with them. Take a look at theretrofitsource.com. They have some comparison videos that may be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpcortese

Reaction score
Yes, they appear brighter to me. Considering the projector as the limited factor, I’ve been happy with them. Take a look at theretrofitsource.com. They have some comparison videos that may be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have been very helpful. Thanks a lot. One more question. Am I right in assuming that they are plug and play and nothing needs to be done besides swapping the bulbs? No fuse change with the higher lumens?

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8F24DA9C-4A20-4D68-BAD4-338A24D77B0B.jpeg

‘15 Yukon XL Denali. OEM stock HID on the right (passenger side) and OSRAM CBI D3S bulb on the left (drivers side).

The OSRAM CBI offers a color closer to 5000K more white without decreasing light output. In fact I think they are brighter.

This is plug and play as all you have to do is swap the OEM D3S low beam bulbs out for these. Again these are HID’s and since your Denali already has factory HID system all you need is a whiter bulb. I feel they are brighter and the color matches the LED DRL strip and my LED fogs nicely.

It’s hard to capture headlight photos and color comparisons from in front of the headlight. They never represent the true color in real life.

61A78688-1202-483E-B464-E04030E75599.jpeg

I would be cautious about purchasing OSRAM bulbs from Amazon. There have been some counterfeits sold through Amazon, which is represented in the significant price difference of Amazon and other legit retrofit headlight sites. I picked mine up from HID Concept because they had the best coupon code at the time, but also check The Retrofit Source or Lightwerkz. you should be able to find a Black Friday special at any of those sites and maybe get about 15-20% off.

jpcortese

Reaction score
View attachment 234897

‘15 Yukon XL Denali. OEM stock HID on the right (passenger side) and OSRAM CBI D3S bulb on the left (drivers side).

The OSRAM CBI offers a color closer to 5000K more white without decreasing light output. In fact I think they are brighter.

This is plug and play as all you have to do is swap the OEM D3S low beam bulbs out for these. Again these are HID’s and since your Denali already has factory HID system all you need is a whiter bulb. I feel they are brighter and the color matches the LED DRL strip and my LED fogs nicely.

It’s hard to capture headlight photos and color comparisons from in front of the headlight. They never represent the true color in real life.

View attachment 234898

I would be cautious about purchasing OSRAM bulbs from Amazon. There have been some counterfeits sold through Amazon, which is represented in the significant price difference of Amazon and other legit retrofit headlight sites. I picked mine up from HID Concept because they had the best coupon code at the time, but also check The Retrofit Source or Lightwerkz. you should be able to find a Black Friday special at any of those sites and maybe get about 15-20% off.

Thanks again. You have been very helpful.

dro45

Reaction score
I don't know about the 2017s, but I have a 2009. I think I could improve the lighting by taping two flashlights on the front fenders. A friend has a 2012 Acadia. It has twice the light.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did it, got the Rigid D2 installed in the fog housing. And 30” bar behind the grill to come on with the high beams. And also modified so the fogs and high beams can run at the same time.

View attachment 235386 View attachment 235385

Very cool. Been searching the forums for a how to on this and this is the first string i've found that someone has done it. What method did you use to enable all lights at once with your yukon? They don't make a fleece module for these late models, do they?

OP
OP
battledenali

battledenali

Reaction score
Very cool. Been searching the forums for a how to on this and this is the first string i've found that someone has done it. What method did you use to enable all lights at once with your yukon? They don't make a fleece module for these late models, do they?

I guys that did my custom fab work managed to get them to all run at the same time. I believe he may have done it in programming but I could be wrong. If not its just how he wired them in. My LED bar turns on with my highbeams as well as the fogs. But the fogs can also be turned on with the factory fog button. They are some mad scientist over there. EuroTech in Mahwah NJ. Look them up they do awesome stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk