HID reverse lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Excon11

Banned
Reaction score
Can sombody pm me with pics of the install(Connection, splice, silicon, etc)? Be very helpfull :Handshake:

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. I might have to do this on my own, my dad's getting less optimistic about helping me mod my truck since it depreciates the value. I guess he doesn't remember that I have all the original parts for when I get ready to trade in.

Your dad should be slapped.. not hard.. just enough to wake him up a little...

If modding a vehicle makes it worth less (wow that was so dumb it was hard to type) the how does shops like WestCoastCustoms and stuff own their own car lots.. i have $13,500 in my motorcycle.. and the lowest offer (which i turned down) i have got for it was $18,000... and im sure in march ill end up getting the $25 grand i want for it.. I have $14,000 in my jag and it will sell for no less than $18,000 .. and my little brothers caddy we built for $28,000 was offered as a $35,000 trade in on his maseratti..

If he was worried about depreciation.. he should have never help an 18 year old.... a NEW GD TAHOE.. lol...

The trick is knowing what mods to do when.. and waiting for the right deals.. and never half stepping or doing anything too customer specific...

You will NEVER get your money back out of a $5000 pink paintjob.. but.. .If you can make a few deals and get a $5000 BLACK paintjob
for $2000.. then you can DEF see getting your money back out of it.. another thing is just like a house.. dont over grow your realestate.. you will NEVER get $50,000 for your yukon... but with a few cost effective mods.. you WILL be the highest selling one on the block

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Your dad should be slapped.. not hard.. just enough to wake him up a little...

If modding a vehicle makes it worth less (wow that was so dumb it was hard to type) the how does shops like WestCoastCustoms and stuff own their own car lots.. i have $13,500 in my motorcycle.. and the lowest offer (which i turned down) i have got for it was $18,000... and im sure in march ill end up getting the $25 grand i want for it.. I have $14,000 in my jag and it will sell for no less than $18,000 .. and my little brothers caddy we built for $28,000 was offered as a $35,000 trade in on his maseratti..

If he was worried about depreciation.. he should have never help an 18 year old.... a NEW GD TAHOE.. lol...

The trick is knowing what mods to do when.. and waiting for the right deals.. and never half stepping or doing anything too customer specific...

You will NEVER get your money back out of a $5000 pink paintjob.. but.. .If you can make a few deals and get a $5000 BLACK paintjob
for $2000.. then you can DEF see getting your money back out of it.. another thing is just like a house.. dont over grow your realestate.. you will NEVER get $50,000 for your yukon... but with a few cost effective mods.. you WILL be the highest selling one on the block

That was very eloquently said MOB, exactly what I thought!:Handshake:

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was very eloquently said MOB, exactly what I thought!:Handshake:

I like the hid tails mod btw.. it makes so much sense.. i could actually see it as a selling point..

"Yea and the windows are tinted.. and its already so long and difficult to park and back down driveways.. so we had the tails modded to hold an hid headlight setup to provide plenty of visibility while moving the vehicle around.. PLUS it helps backing it our of parking spots , even during the day, when people can rarely see the stock lights to know youre backing up, i swear.. if i ididnt have these, some idiot at the grocery store would have piled into the back of it just the other day."

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Haha THANK YOU Mob. I agree. I've gotten really lucky with my mods on my Tahoe, I haven't spent much money at all. I think the most was on the tail lights. None of the mods do not look stock whatsoever, but to my dad it still looks cheap. I don't really care though, it's my truck and if I want it to look that way, then I should be allowed to. Which is why he agrees to help me, but when he does, I get the big "value depreciation" speech.

I appreciate that he's trying to help me keep the value up on my truck, but seriously if it DID lower the value, I can change it back to stock so easily.

But back to the HID's, I'd like to second the request on a write up!

Excon11

Banned
Reaction score
Id love that, I hate my reverse stocks I cant see anything and wanna see how to splice these things! :gathering:

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
Id love that, I hate my reverse stocks I cant see anything and wanna see how to splice these things! :gathering:

I spliced mine into the reverse bulb wiring between the harness plug and tail light housing, and on each side utilized the two wires that were intended for the factory bulb to power and ground the ballast instead.

OP
OP
tx07tahoe

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here they are guys. Sorry for the wait been having problems with the lights. Bad fuse.
This is the ballast.
004.jpg
005.jpg
This is with the wires kinda like you would do with the fogs.
006-1.gif
These next ones are for a switch I have installed with my lights to turn them on anytime.
007-1.jpg
The red wire runs from the fuse to the inside of the truck.
008-1.jpg
009-2.jpg
Kind of hard to see but the red wire comes from the fuse box into the inside and I have the switch in this hole to hide it a bit.
012-2.jpg
Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM