Hid lights in and no go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nsuhtrack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered some HID lights for my 2002 yukon denali from

http://www.hidonlinestore.com/hid-kit02-p/hid_kit.htm

received it pretty fast put them in and started right up so was happpy. Night time came and wanted to see how they look so went for a ride and couldnt see anything. I had to use the fog lights to get back because brighter than the lights. I checked the hookup and everything was right. Here is the pic of setup I used

http://www.hidonlinestore.com/v/imag...9005_setup.jpg

they are 35w 8000k low beam. I was wondering has anyone came across this and what should I do to fix it?

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive seen on most the cars i have put them in when the plug is the wrong direction they just wont work.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Yeah, nothing will happen if the plug is backward.

I need pics of output to see what exactly is going on. Make sure the bulbs are seated fully and correctly. If they are lighting up I can't see why they would be sub-halogen in performance otherwise.

OP
OP
N

nsuhtrack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ya your right have to play with them but looks like they r not seated correctly it has to be dead on if off by alittle no go got the right one to work just by fooling with it but the left is still giving me problems will keep you updated

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Were you the one also posting the lights were too dim (using 8000k). If you were, 4500k has the best output and when you increase this rating the output decreases. So yeah, 8000k will not have enough output on the road and IMO look like rice.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Everybody thinks that you can just put HID's into stock Holagen headlights. NOT THE CASE!! I have had Halo's and now Depo projectors. Both sucked when I just installed HID's directly into them, well the Depo's were actually ok. You have to make sure that your HID bulb is positioned correctly. You need the HID bulb to be in the same position as the Holagen bulb. What that means is you have to space the bulb back abit usually by putting a washer inbetween the HID bulb and the light itself. it took me many iterations to find the exact spacing needed for correct light out put. Also, the bulb can be positioned pointing upward alittle bit to add more light through the projector over the cutoff. Again, this is with projector style lights. If your using reflector headlights, theres your problem right there!! Very bad, and from what I'm hearing, soon to be illegal. Also, it gives HID a bad name. All your doing is producing glare and blinding everybody else. If you are using reflector style lights, use a shield to cover the top portion of the bulb. This will reduce the glare and also but more light were you need it. ON THE ROAD, NOT PEOPLES EYES. Hope this helps

gtbigup01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue with mine even when hooked up correctly, however there was a note that said if you hook it up and it doesn't work the "reverse the plugs" ie hooking it up backwards, and guess what? It worked. So much for positive to positive and negativ e to negative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V2Tahoe