Hi there! Tahoe owner from UAE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Singh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hope you all are safe and healthy. I have been a proud and satisfied owner of a 2013 Mocha Steel Metallic Tahoe LTZ since new. Its clocked 130000 Miles now with the original drivetrain and has zero mods on it apart from a DTE pedal box and a Thule Bike Rack outback. It is my daily driver and has always been serviced at the dealer at regular recommended intervals. Issues were there with ticking lifters which got replaced under warranty along with a few other interior trims like dashboard replacement. Its a great cruiser and hits sandy trails with relative ease, although the extra momentum means you end up rattling the truck a fair bit. I plan to keep it for as long as I can. Now I have a question for you all - Which OEM replacement struts should I go in for knowing that I am on-road 80% of the time? My front struts seem to be worn out as they have never been changed, so please help with your advice.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you all are safe and healthy. I have been a proud and satisfied owner of a 2013 Mocha Steel Metallic Tahoe LTZ since new. Its clocked 130000 Miles now with the original drivetrain and has zero mods on it apart from a DTE pedal box and a Thule Bike Rack outback. It is my daily driver and has always been serviced at the dealer at regular recommended intervals. Issues were there with ticking lifters which got replaced under warranty along with a few other interior trims like dashboard replacement. Its a great cruiser and hits sandy trails with relative ease, although the extra momentum means you end up rattling the truck a fair bit. I plan to keep it for as long as I can. Now I have a question for you all - Which OEM replacement struts should I go in for knowing that I am on-road 80% of the time? My front struts seem to be worn out as they have never been changed, so please help with your advice.
inside your glove box door is a sticker with a bunch of factory/RPO option codes. Take a picture of it and post it up here so we can see how your truck is equipped. They say 2013 was the best year Tahoe ever built.

OP
OP
S

Singh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep, seen that little white sticker, will get an image and share inn a bit. Interesting you mention 2013 was the best year and may I ask the reason for this...would love to hear your perspective!

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Iowa.

I have a ‘13 Yukon XL Denali in the same color as yours.

I’m pretty sure your Tahoe has Auto Ride and Auto Level but will need to see your RPO codes to be 100% sure.
Hey Wade!.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suggest getting your parts from Rockauto, plus they usually have a 5% discount code on here. I have Z55 suspension and on my RPO sheet, my shock codes are 6H3 and 7H3

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suggest getting your parts from Rockauto, plus they usually have a 5% discount code on here. I have Z55 suspension and on my RPO sheet, my shock codes are 6H3 and 7H3
I'd be curious what shipping to the UAE would cost.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions. You may want to post and weigh in more often. :)

Pics, please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick