Hi-Lift Jack Mount Location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
I wonder if it would be possible to have a mount fabed up and mount it under the truck on a frame rail?

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
not enough space conor...as you can see in my pic, they arent small...and theres too much stuff in the way underneath the truck....safari style roof racks with a big spare tire, and hi-lift jack looks bad ass

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone would want to mount a hi-jack on their Tahoe. Its one thing if you are putting one on a ugly ass Jeep, but a Tahoe? Come on bro. There is not even a need for a hi-jack unless you are seriously lifted and plan on doing some major trail driving.

QUOTE]

Horrible posting here. You can make a tahoe look bad ass and not be ugly. Shit you can use a hi-jack as a make shift winch if you really needed too.

I cant really think of a good place to mount one. The tahoe has a lot of plastic spots that I dont think would be good to mount it. Maybe using some of those metal zip tie type things up top. If you had a bumper you could mount it there. But without fabbing something up or getting a roof rack your options are limited.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
puck...you did what I decided not to do...and thats mention that a hi-lift can be used as a winch in certain circumstances lol....I figured that would just give people who have never been 4wheeiling a reason to argue their logic though haha

why dont you just put it in the back of your truck?

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
I think roof racks look bad ass
IMG_4693.jpg
IMG_4701.jpg

If that doesnt convince ya i dont know what else to tell ya. You could just put it in the back and strap it down.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone would want to mount a hi-jack on their Tahoe. Its one thing if you are putting one on a ugly ass Jeep, but a Tahoe? Come on bro. There is not even a need for a hi-jack unless you are seriously lifted and plan on doing some major trail driving.

QUOTE]

Horrible posting here. You can make a tahoe look bad ass and not be ugly. Shit you can use a hi-jack as a make shift winch if you really needed too.

I cant really think of a good place to mount one. The tahoe has a lot of plastic spots that I dont think would be good to mount it. Maybe using some of those metal zip tie type things up top. If you had a bumper you could mount it there. But without fabbing something up or getting a roof rack your options are limited.

How is that a horrible post? Hi-Jacks are ******* ugly when mounted on the exterior of anything, let alone a beautiful Tahoe like the original post has. And I never said they were not useful, I own one myself. Everyone is entitled too their own opinion, but I dont think a Hi-Jack has any place on an NNBS Tahoe, especially mounted on the exterior. These are not Jeeps

Hurlz07, I love your Tahoe by the way.

Last edited:

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hate to say it...but the NNBS arent really beautiful trucks...they are more..."pretty" trucks...they dont look good as an off-roader in MOST cases...they look like vans...so of course a hi-lift isnt going to look good on most of them...its like strapping a hi-lift to a van lol

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
I dont think its poser at all. If your gonna use it then what are you trying to be like?

Far from poser
P1110560.jpg
Jack is mounted to the roof rack

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
puck...you did what I decided not to do...and thats mention that a hi-lift can be used as a winch in certain circumstances lol....I figured that would just give people who have never been 4wheeiling a reason to argue their logic though haha

Yeah its not the best way to do things, but if you dont have a winch it will work if your sol.
I think roof racks look bad ass
IMG_4693.jpg
IMG_4701.jpg

If that doesnt convince ya i dont know what else to tell ya. You could just put it in the back and strap it down.

Damn, these pics just wanna make me do some stuff to mine Small lift, roof rack, bull bar...i can see it now! LOL

hate to say it...but the NNBS arent really beautiful trucks...they are more..."pretty" trucks...they dont look good as an off-roader in MOST cases...they look like vans...so of course a hi-lift isnt going to look good on most of them...its like strapping a hi-lift to a van lol

lol, they sure aren't pretty! And if done right, all the offroading stuff can make one look sick as hell. If your goin for the tactihoe look you can definitely pull it off with a hi-jack strapped on somewhere

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
wait...who said anything about it being "poser"?

and...the tactihoes look good on NBS...NNBS dont look good stock, and dont look good lifted...their 156% plastic looking body and round (nissan quest-ish) styles cant compared to an NBS done up for the trail..in MOST (not all) cases

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14