Hi-Lift Jack Mount Location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hurlz07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a hi-lift jack mounted on their Tahoe or Yukon? If so, where did you mount it and how?

Thanks!

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone would want to mount a hi-jack on their Tahoe. Its one thing if you are putting one on a ugly ass Jeep, but a Tahoe? Come on bro. There is not even a need for a hi-jack unless you are seriously lifted and plan on doing some major trail driving.

However, I am pretty sure N-FAB makes a rear bumper with a mount for a jack like that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hurlz07Tahoe

Hurlz07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem is that I am not seriously lift, but enough that I'm bound to do something stupid and get in to trouble. Plus I often launch my boat and jet ski from a sandy beach and it would be nice to have the jack available if I get my rig and/or trailer(s) stuck in some soft sand. Plus I have the damn thing so I figured I would try to put it to use.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Some place up on the factory roof rails or cross bars would be nice. Something that I can take on and off easily...

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
Hi lift makes mounts for an aftermarket roof rack it you plan to get one? I think a high lift jack is a good idea but i would get a recovery strap and a D ring before the jack.

OP
OP
Hurlz07Tahoe

Hurlz07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've checked out the Hi-Lift accessories and nothing there will really work for what I want to do. And I don't want to get an aftermarket roof rack.

I will probably go to the hardware store and see if I can come up with something to mount it to my factory roof rail or cross bar....unless someone give me a better idea on here!

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, Recovery strap and D-Rings is what you are gonna need before the high-lift. Trust me I know. Just got done getting the truck unstuck and tried for an hour with an high-lift jack. Called a buddy in his 07' Lifted Jeep rubicon and hooked my 11,000 Pound Recovery strap up to the D-Rings and was out in 10 Minutes.

Save your money, and spend it on a good quality recovery strap and D-Rings.

OP
OP
Hurlz07Tahoe

Hurlz07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Already have recovery strap and D-Rings, but they don't do anything for you if you are alone! I already have the hi-lift jack, had it for years. Just thought it would be nice to have it mountable in a handy location if I need it.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
guys...lets be serious here for a second...a hi-lift has its situational use too...not EVERYONE can just call someone up and be towed out....

I was going through the trails in the snow...up in the mountains about 10 miles off any road...just me and my buddy with his silverado..(back when I had my ranger)...my shit got stuck...and he couldnt get any traction on the snow/ice...so the tow strap was pointless...the hi-lift got my truck lifted up and we put shit under the tires...got out easy...

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

100_0601.jpg

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
I would get the brackets for the aftermarket roof rack and see if you can fab it to fit. I would put it on the last bar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE