Hi-Lift Jack Mount Location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrpeterclark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my jack set up.

baseline overland spare battery jack mount.jpgbaseline overland spare battery unijack mount.jpgquick fist ratchet strap.png

I used a unijack on the spare battery tray with a quick fist ratchet strap bolted to the tray with lock nuts. The round part of the bottle jack sits nicely in the cradle and holds it level. The strap loops around the whole thing and you just crank it down. The top of the jack sits up against the inner fender, so I put stuck a piece of rubber there to keep it from scratching it. the lip of the tray holds the bottom of the jack. Occasionally rattles a loose a little and I have to readjust it and retighten, but it can't fall out (or hasn't yet after a couple years). I just check it when I check my oil or after something super rocky and it's usually fine. An angle bolted to the tray at the bottom of the jack would keep it from slipping over the lip of the tray on occasion. I'll probably move it to a rear drawer if I ever add a second battery.

I could put a hi-lift on my roof rack, but my front bumper or hitch is really the only place I can use it. I know there's a ton of uses for them, but they're kind of ticking time bomb half the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
03yukonxldenali