Here is Lifter (AFM) Solution on 2021+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

66 Galaxie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe Calloways supercharger setups for the new Tahoes/Yukons, etc use a piggie back set up for their tune instead of cracking the factory pcm. They charge about $25k to do their upgrade service which is more than just a blower. Kind of similar to Hennessy package.

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be fine with a piggyback system, but that 25K....at the end of the day it is an SUV and not a sports car. While I do missing the power from my M5's...that is a pill I can not swallow. For close to that amount, i'd buy an older (2013+) M5 and get that enjoyment. The Whipple 10k is "doable" (/me looks around to make sure wife isn't near).

01dailey

Reaction score
Before deactivating the AFM, you might consider that this is illegal in some states.

Stonebx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GM is not involved, trifecta has unlocked the global b pcm
Your correct about TRIFECTA. Also HP TUNERS is now unlocking them. I just received the Gen 5 whipple kit and unfortunately requested a refund for the ECM unlocking through TRIFECTA because their tuning prevents me from tuning if I'm adding an upgraded cam shaft and kooks headers. Godwilling I'll be dropping it off next week to have everything done.

Stonebx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks like Whipple charges just under $11k including the PCM unlock. Did you have a dealer do the install? Open to sharing a ballpark of the install fees? I’m guessing this definitely voids the factory warranty but curious if Whipple offers one.
Hi,

I recently purchased the Gen 5 kit from whipple. Yes definitely voids the warranty once you unlock the PCM, however whipple was offering extended warranty for like $700 before January of this year. They're no longer offering it due some issues with the service provider they were using to cover the extended warranty. My technician here in ATL is charging me between $1500-$1700.

Stonebx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got a quote today to turn my 22’ Denali into a 650HP monster courtesy of Hennessy: for only $27,950. That does include a big list of engine upgrades besides just a supercharger.
Are you aware that they use the Gen 4 2.9L whipple system? I got the same quote from them but for under $20k I'm having the Gen 5 3.0L whipple kit installed along with a DOD delete, camshaft upgrade and long tube headers. That's includes the unlocking of the PCM and tuning!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic